Poor Pay, Poor Benefits

Current Employee - Clinician II  in  Everett, WA
Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Compass Health offers a good starting point for young therapists right out of graduate school. Opportunity to gain lots of experience working with a diverse population of primarily medicaid clientele.

Cons

Compass Health offers very low wages for Master's level employees ($16 hour). Productivity expectations are high, and the clientele is very challenging. Benefits are poor, and the cost of adding dependents or a spouse to insurance plan is outrageous. Many employees that I work with cannot afford to add their family to the insurance plan, so their children are also on medicaid, just like the clients we serve. I just received my annual pay raise of 37 cents, and I'm not joking.

Compass Health is a non-profit organization, I get that, however, there is no effort to focus on employee retention. The turnover at Compass Health is very high for a reason. Licensed, Master's level employees make less than the average receptionist with a high school diploma.

Other Reviews for Compass Health

Very poor culture starting at the top.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at Compass Health

Pros

Not many. Good benefits if they'll give them to you. Stable industry. Healthcare isn't as affected by the economic downturn. Central Cali is a nice place to live.

Cons

Culture is lacking in integrity and morals. Upper management misrepresent company values. Very shady HR practices and poor communication throughout entire organization.

Talk is cheap. Don't pretend to have high morals and values. Improve communication throughout all levels of company. Improve HR practices for all levels of company.

A lot of discontent in organization

I have been working at Compass Health as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Agency has great guiding values

Cons

A lot of turnover on teams.

Invest more in your employees and there may be less turnover

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Health.

Worked for Compass Health? Contribute to the Community!