There are newer employer reviews for Compass Lexecon

Interesting work, insane hours

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Compass Lexecon

Pros

Very interesting economic work. I was very proud in the quality of work that we provided clients.

Brilliant people at all levels that take their work seriously and are good to have on the team.

Good compensation.

Nice offices downtown.

Cons

Extremely long hours. No, I do not mean an average of 60 hours/week. 60 hour weeks are the minimum norm. Expect 80 hour+ weeks now and then and expect to pull some all nighters. Say goodbye to your friends and family and sleep.

The experience is great if you can handle it. Most come here to work for a few years before going to graduate school and the job definitely helps you get in to a top notch MBA or Law school.

Most employees expect demanding work and hours in economic consulting but come on...hire a few extra people so that your otherwise nice and smart employees do not turn into sniping, mean overworked zombies. Letting consultants drink on the company's dime once a month does not compensate for this.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Compass Lexecon (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Compass Lexecon

Pros

Small culture, good upward mobility, good pay

Cons

No work life balance in any way.

Care more about junior employees' opinions.

A nice company to work for

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Compass Lexecon

Pros

Compass Lexecon gives you the opportunity to work with the sharpest minds in the field of Antitrust Economics. You will also gain in depth knowledge of MS Excel and Stata.

Cons

Despite great management when it comes to treating analysts, the firm has not been really transparent when reviewing analysts' performance.

Compass Lexecon is a great firm to work with. My experience would however be improved if analysts were to be provided with more feedback on their work product and performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Lexecon

Worked for Compass Lexecon? Contribute to the Community!