Working at Compassion International helped me to draw closer to God

Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Chennai (India)
Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Chennai (India)

I worked at Compassion International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Releasing Children from poverty is a good cause for which I enjoyed contributing to the growth of the organization. I enjoyed working with believers.

Cons

Its not a great place to work for IT people. Employees who are under contract don't have any privileges that permanent employees of the organization.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Most Rewarding Job I've ever had

I have been working at Compassion International

Pros

Working at Compassion is not just a job, it's a calling and a mission.

Cons

Because we must keep overhead low, we often have one person doing several jobs.

Advice to Management

Love and appreciate your team members. Each person is very busy and it is easy to get caught up in the next deadline. Take a moment, breathe, and then tackle each task as if that is the one task that will truly end poverty!

Deceptive. You are praised for your abilities and ideas, yet your are shot down and publicly humiliated for them.

I have been working at Compassion International

Pros

I believe in the mission of the organization, helping children rise above poverty.

Cons

Those in leadership use public humiliation as a prime tactic to shoot down those with ideas different than the status quota. Some employee's have been told they would lose their jobs if they did not keep comments to themselves. Many employee's are afraid to speak their opinions about those in leadership, as they need their jobs so they put up with the dictatorship and micro managing. Those who have had medical issues are singled out more often than not, the leadership seems to take a bulls eye on them. Ridiculing and micro managing these individuals to the point that they resign. Other employees who see and hear what is taking place are too afraid to speak up as they fear that this will happen to them as well. Many employees have a great distrust for those in leadership because of this. Legalism runs rampant, while grace is seldom seen. The unsaid rule is keep your mouth shut and act like you know nothing, least you be the next target. Politics are thick in leadership, some can do no wrong, all the while they are doing very wrong.

Advice to Management

Compassion states they are a Christian organization, then it is time to take a long, hard look at what the Bible has to say about being a Follower of Christ. Time to let an outside group come in and do some serious polling of how things really are on the inside of the organization. Then take to heart and follow through with the results and recomendations.