There are newer employer reviews for Compete, Inc

Hot industry, great culture, smart colleagues

Current Employee - Director, Client Services  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Director, Client Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Compete, Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of growth opportunities for the motivated; lots of young, smart professionals creates and energetic environment; fantastic opportunity to develop your career by working in growing industry that is still not well understood by clients & through work with top clients including Fortune 100/500 and top online publishers/agencies.

Cons

Lots of young employees bring some good energy and some bad...many are in their first jobs and they don't recognize how great Compete is from a fun, flexibility, opportunity, compensation perspective; it is hard to teach/mentor that kind of perspective, so it leads to some challenges with turnover; Compete is sales orientated and works with top clients, if you don't produce A grade work, you won't fit in

Communication (one to many) has greatly improved over the last year - love it! Take communication across the finish line with more 1:1 communication between senior management and everyday employees. We'd love to see you walking the cubes so you can see what we are up to and so we can share what exciting things we're working on everyday.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Compete, Inc (View Most Recent)

not quite what is advertised

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Compete, Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very interesting data to work with.
    happy hours

Cons

high burnout.
    young managers doesn't know very well what they are doing.
    Career advance based on popularity. Even incompetence will pass ok as long as you are popular.
    Good people are leaving.

Scott Ernst is doing an excellent job steering compete, but I believe the managers needs more direction and clarifications.

Interesting work, smart colleagues, mediocre management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Compete, Inc full-time

Pros

The data, the data, the data... the access to fascinating behavioral to analyze makes this place one of the most interesting to work at. Colleagues work hard and by in large know how to have a good time.

Cons

High burnout rate, most managers are mediocre at best primarily because they are young or currently at their peter point. Our C-level executives are smart and most are well intentioned but many lack the proper communication skills to ensure they have proper buy in from the lower rungs. A lot of the current internal initiatives feel reactionary to the high turn-over rate and I get the feeling that our owning company's tight purse strings has a lot to do with recent fall out.

Focus on accountability from the top down, better communication, growing employee's skills from within, and managing out poor performers.

There are newer employer reviews for Compete, Inc

Worked for Compete, Inc? Contribute to the Community!