Great media/research company in Boston

Current Employee - Director  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Compete, Inc full-time

Pros

Great colleagues, people here are very friendly, helpful, hard-working, etc. Compete really tries to hire the right people to keep the culture solid. The data is awesome, always new ways to analyze it and sell it. Good salaries and bonuses, even for younger employees. Room to grow.

Cons

Lack of transparency of what's going on above our corporate entity. How are our sister companies doing? How is our parent company doing?

Be more visible, continue to think of new ways to bring the various teams together. Continue to productize.

Other Reviews for Compete, Inc

Hot industry, great culture, smart colleagues

Current Employee - Director, Client Services  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director, Client Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Compete, Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of growth opportunities for the motivated; lots of young, smart professionals creates and energetic environment; fantastic opportunity to develop your career by working in growing industry that is still not well understood by clients & through work with top clients including Fortune 100/500 and top online publishers/agencies.

Cons

Lots of young employees bring some good energy and some bad...many are in their first jobs and they don't recognize how great Compete is from a fun, flexibility, opportunity, compensation perspective; it is hard to teach/mentor that kind of perspective, so it leads to some challenges with turnover; Compete is sales orientated and works with top clients, if you don't produce A grade work, you won't fit in

Communication (one to many) has greatly improved over the last year - love it! Take communication across the finish line with more 1:1 communication between senior management and everyday employees. We'd love to see you walking the cubes so you can see what we are up to and so we can share what exciting things we're working on everyday.

not quite what is advertised

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Compete, Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very interesting data to work with.
    happy hours

Cons

high burnout.
    young managers doesn't know very well what they are doing.
    Career advance based on popularity. Even incompetence will pass ok as long as you are popular.
    Good people are leaving.

Scott Ernst is doing an excellent job steering compete, but I believe the managers needs more direction and clarifications.

There are newer employer reviews for Compete, Inc.

Worked for Compete, Inc? Contribute to the Community!