Competitive Computing

www.competitive.com

The best place I have ever worked; smart people and much fun

ProsA 15 year old company that still has the feel of a start-up. Different from other area development companies in that they write custom applications. The best place I have ever worked, small enough to be agile, large enough to have financial inertia. I am amazed at all the smart people that have coalesced here.

ConsRapid growth makes it a wild ride...if you want to see the same thing every day, it's not for you. Some may think it organized chaos, others may think it challenging, exciting and rewarding. I choose the latter.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways remember to keep recognizing the people, they are the ones who make it all worthwhile and who make the cash register ring.

Where dysfunction and the patients are running the asylum

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burlington, VT

I worked at Competitive Computing full-time for more than a year

Pros: Small project teams, good location and for the most part… Cons: Lots of TALK of improvement, but when it comes right down to implementing change they revert back to what they've been doing in the past.… Advice to Senior Management: need to have managers actually manage and stop be so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A Year In The Twilight Zone

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Colchester, VT

I worked at Competitive Computing

Pros: Since there was not much direction given you had alot of… Cons: The partner in charge of Software Engineering does not have a clue.… Advice to Senior Management: Wake Up.....drink the Microsoft Cool-Aid, but be smart enought to add your flavoring to the mixture. Stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Competitive Computing.

Worked for Competitive Computing? Contribute to the Community!