Compliance

incompetent management

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Compliance

Pros

great benefits commissions were ok

Cons

experienced management, but not competent. some of the management team had very good relations with staff and clients. Others were inept and had no understanding of the business.

nothing will change without addressing the management issues you have. without an understanding of the business, compliance will not grow.

2 Other Employee Reviews for Compliance (View Most Recent)

Good company, needs more rainmakers to keep the legal staffing work flowing!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Compliance as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The recruiters and project attorneys are very down-to-earth. The recruiters make a point of following up to tell you the status of your selection for projects. The scheduled work bands aren't very flexible, but taking leave for daily appointments, if necessary is usually, flexible, if you don't mind falling short of 40 hours due to the tight work hour bands.

Cons

Too much time goes by in between projects. In seven years affiliation with the company, regularly sending them my availability, I've only been assigned to a few projects. After being assigned to a project, I've always gotten super-positive feedback from the client and/or project manager, and I've been carried over after the first cuts usually until the very end of each project.

The recruiters say the lag between projects is due to the slow economy, but my thoughts are there aren't enough rainmakers in the company. Other similar companies I've worked for seem to be winning the more high-profile, larger contracts.

Seasoned contract attorneys seem less favorable than newbies, though seasoned contract attorneys can spot more issues which could be more lucrative for the company if they built a model around it. The pay is low and it only becomes decent when the for projects that last for more than one month.

It may behoove the company to think out-of-the-box in terms of marketing and rainmaking. The company seems to be just treading water in the legal procurement area. You have enough talent to sustain a booming, consistently staffed legal department. Build more models based on your talent pool's skill sets' rather than on just selling a low cost service which only attracts low-profile client matters and new contractors who only constantly offer entry-level value. Your old school business methods and models are not going to keep you floating for long.

There are newer employer reviews for Compliance

Worked for Compliance? Contribute to the Community!