Contract work.

Current Employee - Physician Assistant
Current Employee - Physician Assistant

I have been working at Comprehensive Health Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Just went to a 90/30 rotation. That is 90 days in Iraq and 30 days paid leave

Cons

Start up contract with a lot of growing pains. Management and logistics is improving by just noticeable increments. Living conditions vary considerably from site to site but are tolerable. With a military background one should cope easily. Patient management is only dicey in that you are working with less and expected to do your best. You may have delayed extraction of patients due to many factors and that can be stressful.

Listen to the boots on the ground. Start logistic strike teams to inventory and standardize each site through sytematic visits that identify shortages, deficits and actually accomplish set goals. Minimize managment Boondoggles that demoralize others by their wastefulness.

Other Reviews for Comprehensive Health Services

Great group of people, but no room for professional growth at Comprehensive Health Services except for a small few.

Current Employee - Client Services Administrator
    Current Employee - Client Services Administrator

I have been working at Comprehensive Health Services

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule, telecommuting opportunity, business casual dress, great teamwork and a passion to consistently exceed client expectations in all measurable metrics.

Cons

Because this company provide Health Services operations to many different clients, their employees work at client sites and there is a great disconnect with the site and the actual corporate office. There is almost no ability once working on a site to ever move out of the position you are in to increase your professional growth. Also there is no real performance bonus in place that allows for decent compensation.

horrible introduction to the contracting world

Current Employee - Paramedic
    Current Employee - Paramedic

I have been working at Comprehensive Health Services

Pros

Very small company, not too many good things, provided a decent APT to live in. and allowed employees to use work vehicles to run personal errands.

Cons

Management at CHS is horrible. Promotions are given on a who you know and for many who you sleep with basis. In my experiance with CHS, There was no type of organization at all. I recieved my initial job offer from them and quit my job to come work for them only to be delayed at home for 2 months with no job before they actually deployed me. Once deployed i was originally offered a contract in Afghanistan for 120000/yr and told that i would in process in kuwait. Once i arrived in Kuwait i was told that the job i was originally offered was no longer availible. i was then offered a job in Kuwait for 71000/yr. since i no longer had a job back home i had to take it. When i was originally recruited i was told that meals were included only to find out once on ground that they were not. Also Kuwait is a very expensive country to live in the dollar does not go far at all. They was no organization at all in this company. No SOPS or protocols were ever established until the last minute when the employees had to come together and make them. This companys recruiting was also horrible almost seemed like they were hiring anybody regardless of experiance, health, age, or criminal history. I come from a Millitary background and expected my peers to have the same discipline but that was far from the reality. Once operations started after waiting for 6 months, since shifts were so understaffed due to people quitting and jumping contracts. work weeks were 100 to 120 hours a week. I normally would not mind this, this is my schedule now but the company was refusing to pay overtime and threating to fire people if it was not worked. This company took advantage of the horrible financial situation in the states and made handsom profits. The Equipment while on shift was marginal to say the least and restocking everyday used items were like pulling teeth due to the company having to spend money. Management would constantly tell the employees to take supplies from the millitary hospitals. It is no suprise to me that CHS lost this contract. They do have other projects going on in the world i would caution anyone who is entering the contract world, to be wary of CHS. ALso the security to the employees was horrible. There were at least 3 cases where women were attempted to be kidnapped, and the companys response was that the women were in the wrong for being with out a male escort.

If you are going to work for the millitary then you should make your leadership people with past millitary experiance. Dont just stay in Cape Canavral and count your money, check on your ongoing projects to make sure everything is ok.

There are newer employer reviews for Comprehensive Health Services.

Worked for Comprehensive Health Services? Contribute to the Community!