Great Pay, Bad Benefits

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in New York, NY

I have been working at Comprehensive Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay; great work/life balance; Office hours: M-F 9-5; no holidays, evenings, weekends, on-call; management open to suggestions; 2-3% pay raise every year

Cons

Not enough PTO; terrible health insurance plan; tend to hire incompetent staff based on resumes and phone interviews only

Check references before hiring

Other Reviews for Comprehensive Health Services

Nepotism, Cronyism and poor management

Current Employee - CSA  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - CSA in Reston, VA

I have been working at Comprehensive Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The lower level staff at CHS actually seems pretty competent and are the reason this company still exists.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations of upper management. Low pay. Very weak benefits. There is no work/life balance

Retire.

One of the worst places Northern Virginia has to offer for employment!! Stay Away !!!!

Current Employee - Client Services Administrator  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Comprehensive Health Services

Pros

The only pro is a Monday thru Friday work schedule; no weekends and no major holidays! Free parking and a cafe across the parking lot. That's it, no other reason to work there at all!

Cons

Unfortunately, viewing the website you get a feeling of an established, professional environment. That is not the case, a majority of the company is completely the opposite. Do not expect to be properly trained on the computer system ( or for the computer system to even work properly without freezing every 3 minutes), or to be properly informed of the contract requirements for the contract that you are assigned to work on; there is no true form of management. Forget getting a promotion, unless you are involved with the manager, or related to someone in human resources it will never happen. By far, this was the worst experience that I have ever seen in my 19 years of employment. The atmosphere is far from professional, the management is a complete joke, and don't even think about their benefit package..... you actually get away with a better deal not carrying their coverage! If someone was to approach me while I was actually at work and ask if I would recommend working at CHS, I would be honest and tell them to run. The drama, the poor management, and the he said/she said attitude of the managers is enough to make someone consider unemployment. Not a mentally stable working environment.

Terminate all program managers who do not have a degree or background in the medical profession. You can not expect someone without medical knowledge to properly lead a team of individuals who are managing medical surveillance for companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Comprehensive Health Services.

Worked for Comprehensive Health Services? Contribute to the Community!