Comprehensive Health Services
www.chsmedical.com Melbourne, FL 500 to 999 Employees

horrible introduction to the contracting world

Paramedic (Current Employee)

ProsVery small company, not too many good things, provided a decent APT to live in. and allowed employees to use work vehicles to run personal errands.

ConsManagement at CHS is horrible. Promotions are given on a who you know and for many who you sleep with basis. In my experiance with CHS, There was no type of organization at all. I recieved my initial job offer from them and quit my job to come work for them only to be delayed at home for 2 months with no job before they actually deployed me. Once deployed i was originally offered a contract in Afghanistan for 120000/yr and told that i would in process in kuwait. Once i arrived in Kuwait i was told that the job i was originally offered was no longer availible. i was then offered a job in Kuwait for 71000/yr. since i no longer had a job back home i had to take it. When i was originally recruited i was told that meals were included only to find out once on ground that they were not. Also Kuwait is a very expensive country to live in the dollar does not go far at all. They was no organization at all in this company. No SOPS or protocols were ever established until the last minute when the employees had to come together and make them. This companys recruiting was also horrible almost seemed like they were hiring anybody regardless of experiance, health, age, or criminal history. I come from a Millitary background and expected my peers to have the same discipline but that was far from the reality. Once operations started after waiting for 6 months, since shifts were so understaffed due to people quitting and jumping contracts. work weeks were 100 to 120 hours a week. I normally would not mind this, this is my schedule now but the company was refusing to pay overtime and threating to fire people if it was not worked. This company took advantage of the horrible financial situation in the states and made handsom profits. The Equipment while on shift was marginal to say the least and restocking everyday used items were like pulling teeth due to the company having to spend money. Management would constantly tell the employees to take supplies from the millitary hospitals. It is no suprise to me that CHS lost this contract. They do have other projects going on in the world i would caution anyone who is entering the contract world, to be wary of CHS. ALso the security to the employees was horrible. There were at least 3 cases where women were attempted to be kidnapped, and the companys response was that the women were in the wrong for being with out a male escort.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to work for the millitary then you should make your leadership people with past millitary experiance. Dont just stay in Cape Canavral and count your money, check on your ongoing projects to make sure everything is ok.

Overall it is fair.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Comprehensive Health Services

Pros: The benefits are decent, the atmosphere is pleasant. There is alot of holiday… Cons: Hard to advance, Hard to obtain decent raises. If you are not salary you have to punch… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the time clock, and time sheets. Allow more flex time. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

They do what they promised

I have been working at Comprehensive Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros: I am well paid and supported Cons: austere and dangerous working conditions Advice to Senior Management: when things are working well, don't make changes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Comprehensive Health Services.

Worked for Comprehensive Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comprehensive Health Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comprehensive Health Services CEO Mel Hall. All reviews posted anonymously by Comprehensive Health Services employees.