There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Probably a good company, just not on the US bank contract!

Former Employee - IT Technician in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - IT Technician in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

US bank project
Great team members, an honest attempt at showing moral boost when things started out slowly.
Good amount of knowledge on team, and at times team members stepped up to help work heavy work load.

Cons

Extreme lack of direction.
Refusal to actually hear, and I stress again: "Hear" what the technicians need to make
for a more conducive work environment. Processes are extremely hodge podged, and
everything is a complete mess! Techs are expected to clean up mess, adhere to broken
processes, and learn there way through a broken environment, in which we are mostly
in the dark about. 1.5 help, and call coordination help is almost nonexistent do in part to
not enough employees to handle techs on US bank project.

Also forced to work under hostile conditions with US bank IT employees who are
in the process of being laid off.

Stop for a second, and ask yourselves: Why are we struggling to keep a tight lid on this project? Why is 95% of this contract an absolute nightmare, in which there is demand for overtime, and why everyone is complaining that there jobs are being made to be 10x harder then it needs to be?

Stop micro managing, listen to your techs, and realize that the bottom line are the technicians who are actually out in the field, and dealing with end user's on this project daily. Just sitting there and developing more broken processes are not the answer. Listen, and listen well, or lose this contract.

reviews filtered by

Great opportunity to learn.

Current Employee - Level IV Technician Datacenter in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Level IV Technician Datacenter in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Easy to get in the door, sometimes its nice to work at a large facility (Intel), some cool projects, you will rub shoulders with some of the best and brightest Blue badge enmployees and research people in the world depending on which contract or location you work at (Intel), the training allowance of $500 anually is generous.

Cons

Poor health Benefits for a famility person, little room for advancement, you will reach a glass ceiling as a contractor, you will not be treated the same as other Intel Blue badge employees. You will not be allowed to participate in Intel events, Compucom will not do much in the way of events for you. But they will on rare occaision. You will not be hired as a Blue Badge 99.99% so don't even follow the carot.

Share more of the profits. Be more honest with technicians and tells them they may have better opportunites elsewhere when they reach the ceiling.

2. Oh, i'd say average

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

The pay was what I was looking for three years ago when i decided to put myself through school (again).

Cons

It appears that i will spend a fair amount of time trying to correct internal mistakes

Keep me happy. I turning down a GREAT job to take this one.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom