CompuCom

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Hard work and dedication

Current Employee - PC Technician in Portland, OR
Current Employee - PC Technician in Portland, OR

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Great for getting experience, many tasks that permanent employees do not even know how to do.

Cons

The pay is not great the experience is good. The job is very technical and difficult. It has been a great place to work with a good boss.

Increase wages commensurate with the job. People can not live on 15.00 per hour we need a living wage.

539 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

It was good overall

Former Employee - Field Tech in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Field Tech in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

A lot of dervice customers and contracts.

Cons

The company demands you to be an expert in everything that has a power plug.

Promote and keep people that actually know something about managing people. Dump the "Do it or else" mentality.

Too many chiefs, and not enough Indians.

Former Employee - Network Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Network Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

Flexible with time off / impromptu sick days.

Co-workers are great when they last.

Cons

Basically everything else:

Management seems disconnected with people who actually interface with clients. For instance, I am 100% sure my immediate supervisor knows nothing of my actual day to day activities, and would not be able to perform them him/herself.

This company brings in associates on a contract to hire basis. The contract is a 3 month to full time conversion. However, this is a blatant lie, and conversions are stalled and delayed for various reason. Talking to several people who have worked at Compucom for more than a year; they stated that full time conversion usually took about 9 months.

Never addressing concerns or issues within the company such as being understaffed on several accounts; causing SLA times to be breached over and over again. For example, they make workers permanently take over accounts without any kind of extra compensation. This is done under the guise of "Teamwork" , and " The economy is bad we need to help each other out". However when asked if the accounts will eventually be restaffed, management nods their head and says they are bringing more people on. This is a fallacy as many accounts had been understaffed for several months, and no job posting was ever found on the website or any other job search aggregators.

Seems as if the Buck is just passed on to the next person.

As you will see from other reviews on this site; I am not the only one that thinks management is flawed at Compucom. A major issue that needs to be addressed is the lack of technical leadership. The current management are nothing more than yes-men/yes-women that seem to be unaware of the issues

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom