Dead end!

Current Employee - Networking Specialist in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Networking Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Flexible with time off, direct supervisor great but they have nothing in their hands.

Cons

Senior management does not care one bit about anything. Company has lost several major account since 2007 and its only going down. Within 1 year there have been 3 major re-organizations. The last 2 years we have lost (not replaced) 4-5 managers, 2 directors, and a VP. Most of these people had been with the company for over 20 years. They lay off over 20 people at once and do not tell the rest of the group in another location for months.

Advice to Management

The boss of the boss of my boss needs to go. He is taking us down. You keep loosing good people because of the hours/shifts you create, salary is def not where it is supposed to be. It takes over 6 months for a promotion to go thru. And stop changing plans and going backwards every 4 months.

reviews filtered by

Good Start - now move on!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support in New York, NY

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

started as a temp, and was offered full-time position; solid corporate experience; not micromanaged; some benefits; management understanding about scheduling the little time off there is.

Cons

Client's original IT dept was outsourced, and number of bodies drastically reduced. So each tech is doing the work of several former people; the model is based on over-seas level 1 support doing their share - but that does not happen! Little *meaningful* communication - though management has always "heard me out" - nothing changes! no raises what-so-ever. Feels like a dead-end

Advice to Management

Actively communicate with and retain good people - pay people what they are worth in their area!
    Concede the margin you make slightly to invest in your talent!
    1st tier service at 2nd tier prices does not work - if you do it on the backs of labor!

Work hard, make your management look good, and then repeat.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Hands off management, bosses leave you alone, as long as you don't make work for them.
    Some times you get vouchers for certification. I'm really grasping here.

Cons

Management has little experience outside of their account.
    Poor morale.
    Litte to no cohesion to "teams".
    Little to no mobility, upward or lateral - Dead end job.

Advice to Management

Take a good long look at the managers at this account. They may put up a god front but leadership is not their strong suit.