There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Pretty good company to work for

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Program Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Good training plans and resource available.
Seems fair and open communication

Cons

Too much focus on profit. Company has to balance between compensation and profit level

Have more technical exchange among different programs and regions

477 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Not happy with company

Current Employee - Network Integrator  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Network Integrator in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

good training benefits, carrer pathing available. Ability to move around to different client sites to see different environments

Cons

pay sucks, not much drive to build a "team atmosphere". there is a lack of company sponsored events which bring employees together. lack of knowledge about what benefits the company has to offer.

look at your employees without the rose coloured sunglasses

I chose to work here

Current Employee - Project Management Specialist
    Current Employee - Project Management Specialist

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Best reasons to work here are the people. The "associates". There is tremendous teamwork and support. Folks rally for each other.

2. You will keep your skills competitive and can add several new ones.

3. You will get great experience.

4. If you make a mistake or land on a bum deal, you can survive the experience. CompuCom will take steps to persevere with the account and honor their commitments. CompuCom values associates that power through challenges to arrive at win-win solutions for all parties.

5. Work from home.

6. Our brand continues to get stronger. CompuCom is now a Gartner magic quadrant leader and challenger on more than 1 dimension.

As a consultant, it's awesome to be in a safe place professionally (especially in a challenging economy), to be growing professionally, and working for an honorable company.

Cons

Associates enable our innovations and value offerings. Accounting and finance leadership under values our workforce - as evidenced by numerous policy edits, benefit trends and static "associate" salaries.

Yes a workforce presents a fixed cost to the business, but in a service business that's it's greatest, enduring asset (the talent).

Strongly suggest you implement a new paradigm: protect, polish, grow, differentiate, celebrate and cherish your associates.

Polish your boots (share a little bit of the wealth with the troops):
    1. Increase the 401k Match level at higher tenure levels; it's a win-win.
    2. Create some room for advancement: go from 3 grades to 4 or 5 in each track.
    3. Do a cost of living adjustment (up).
    4. Pay your debts. Re-look your go-to and distinguished "associates" that are overdue for promotions with raises for any number of reasons.

The old incentive plan was okay, but not great. The new one is worse. Inconsistent rewards when deferred and then deferred again - are too far removed from any extra effort sought this quarter or next.

I'm utilizing our benefits smartly and managing my cost structure personally, but over time my earning power has shrunk 14.5%. CompuCom has been good to me. I don't want to break the model. I do hope CompuCom will update the equation, but at the moment I'm looking elsewhere to meet my next goals.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!