Stop Cost Cutting and improve work environment

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Pune (India)
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional Work environment , well paying company , interesting work , lots of learn

Cons

Cost Cutting , Budgeting , lack of skilled staff

Advice to Management

Hire

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

after 14 years. I'm still glad to have a job

Current Employee - Field Technical Analyst
    Current Employee - Field Technical Analyst

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

as a remote field techincal support analyst, I have the mobility to travel throughout the greater Los Angeles area, supproting our flients at their various branches and offices. I am given the autonomy of making my own decisions, scheduling and servicing the client in the best way I see fit, using company-provided laptop and wireless service. I've never met my boss, nor could I pick her out in a lineup. She works from the Phoenix office and we only communicate via phone, text, emails and biweekly conference calls. I normally only hear from here or othere management team members when there is a problem or and emergency request for support.

Cons

Communications - Free wirelsss phone line is a great perk, tho it's because they have a bundled service through the service providers which gives us limited customization.. e.g., I could not get Assurion coverage on my purchased Smartphone, as my name was not directly associated with the account. The basic phone from their bundled deal with T-mobile gave me a 'free' POS Blackberry-style phone that short circuited after my sweating on it less than a month after getting it. Mileage - While a company-porovided van was once available, I had to buy my own car (Toyota Matrix) and submit mileage expense reports that reimburse me @ $0.48/mile, but onliy after the first 15 miles of each day.. The justification for this is that it's not fair to those workeres who commute to their offices. There is also a 30-day window to submit your mileage expense reports. Unfortunately, I've been so busy trying to keep up with the workload; up at 3am updating tickets online in my PJs, that I rearely get to submit the reimbursement requests in time.. given the price of gas the the miles i drive, I'm therefore slowliy going into debt maintaining this job. 210k miles in 5 years. My poor car.. but it's finally paid for!

Advice to Management

I let the world be your judge

No adancement, no raises, as of 7/13/12 announced salary cut for field techs

Current Employee - Field Technician
    Current Employee - Field Technician

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None, it is a job

Cons

Management thinks they can hire monkeys with drivers licenses to do field service work. They tried this three years ago and it blew up in their faces. Very poor service forced them to go back to conventional service structure. They have no respect for abilities of senior techs. Avoid working for this company

Advice to Management

So the $10 a call tech thing didn't work, why do you rocket scientists think this monsterous demoralization of field techs will work any better?