CompuCom

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Loony Tunes Environment

Current Employee - Network Specialist in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Network Specialist in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was able to sell them on a new idea (a FOSS-powered intranet), they made me a full-time employee developing for it and maintaining it

Cons

Disorganized, always in panic mode, reactive instead of proactive, low pay

Hire enough people to fill the slots, nobody enjoys getting worked to death. Spot your talents and reward them before they get better offers elsewhere. Proactively promoting a star is much more effective than making them a counteroffer when they land a better job.

539 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Hopefully not just a springboard, still have faith..

Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Communication, responsiveness to escalations, fair wages for the type of work, not being micro managed, flexible hours revolving around client availability - less thumb-twiddling. Flexibility with PTO. Creative license. Recognition for quality work and ideas. Some projects offer OT.

Cons

Some are power-trippy, loud, obnoxious, disrespectful, lazy, etc. Others would waste time, energy, resources, making you feel small rather than help out a team member with useful information. Does not feel like a 'team sport' at times. Too many conference calls about nothing that directly concerns the boots on the ground. More like serving a sentence than living the dream. Pigeonholed. Work is not consistent. There's either too much or not enough. Some projects do not offer OT.

Respect your employees and they will respect you. Throwing them a bone once in a while will greatly reduce turnover. Sell more services. Negotiate better deals. Share the wealth.

Was a great place to work once upon a time

Former Employee - Former Systems Integration Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Former Systems Integration Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Diverse opportunities, national coverage. The days before gentronics acquisition were the golden years, after that it went to pot. It went from caring about your people to how long can I over work people before they burn out. So sad because I truly loved working there.

Cons

Craptastic management, poor raise opportunities, reduction in force is a joke! Last set of management were all about the numbers...no people skills. Was actually glad to get RIF'ed because the severance was worth it to not even try to find work. I felt like they thought it was enough that I received severance...I really just wanted to be thanked and showed some respect.

Pay attention to who you give accounts and large projects to. It's not always about money. People are the true wealth.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom