Good Work Enviorment

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good tech training and positive team. Much communication from management team. They are a large HP partner and I have enjoyed working with HP as part of there reseller program.

Cons

Frontline managers need HR and motivation training. Sometimes feedback from management can be too direct and negative without positive feedback on what you are doing right.

Advice to Management

Figure out a cloud stratiegy.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great starter job... but not much else

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overtime if desired. Day goes quickly due to workload. Local management is very flexible as long as you don't screw them over on your work quality.

Cons

Under paid for overly qualified. Company routinely over promises on contracts to win them, when only 10-15% of the work force can acheive that level of service/technical savvy. Don't expect to move up the ladder, you'll quickly realize that while promotion from within is a standard here. There are a LOT of lifers ahead of you.

Benefits are awful, they are geared towards hoping you have better benefits elsewhere. 70/30 PPO's can't be backed up with subpar salaries, especially with a family.

Advice to Management

Bring a owned by a private equity group lets them do pretty much whatever they want, within legal bounds. New metrics/gates for raises & bonuses come up almost monthly

You get what you deserve

Current Employee - Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits: health, dental, generous PTO, training, tuition reimbursement and more.
    It's a large company; you can find your own career path.
    What is frustrating when I read the unsatisfied reviews is the sense of entitlement that people have. I have worked for other companies large and small and CompuCom is no different. When you accept the position you accept the terms of that position which includes your pay. If you don’t feel it is what you are worth, negotiate or don’t take the position. The harsh reality for anyone with any company is that you get paid what you agreed to. As far as layoffs and not getting raises, wake up! What companies are giving out raises and not laying off? This is the way of the world in America. There is no loyalty with any company and all companies are profit driven. The company I am assigned to employs 46,000 people and they are laying off their own employees. CompuCom has always been fair and upfront with me. I get paid for the work I do and I am recognized for my efforts that are above and beyond the expectations. If the company isn't making money no one will have a job.

Cons

You need to communicate your needs, no one is going to hold your hand.

Advice to Management

Keep growing!