There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

CompuCom

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Redmond, WA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CompuCom will tend to not expect much from you in terms of meeting with your handler regularly or undergoing evaluations. This was great for a 1 year gig as I preferred to do my work and not be pulled into check-ins or performance reviews with anyone at CompuCom.

Cons

CompuCom tends to take a higher percentage of a position's bill rate that other vendor companies. While I preferred the hands off approach of the CompuCom account team it does tend to making you feel like a commodity rather than an employee.

More transparency on bill rate ratios similar to other vendor companies. More of a focus on treating the employees as part of the company.

506 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

GOC Lead

Current Employee - GOC Lead in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - GOC Lead in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benifits and you start with three paid weeks off and six paid floating holidays. This company works as a manage service for larger companys, your main focus is on service level agreements, no excuses. They do promote training and certifications, they provide an onsite skill port learning center.

Cons

It is hard to advance from within. To focused on Contract agreements and SLO and not enough on Customer service

Promote from within

Working off the clock to keep the job

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fair benefit package with insurance and 401K. However you won't be paid enough to afford to contribute to the 401K.

Cons

No pay raises. Expected to work off the clock at least 2 to 3 hours a day. You will need to run 60 to 80 service calls a month to stay in the green with management. Expected to deceive and lie to customers. No tools or support from management. Expected to travel 30,000 to 40,000 miles a year in your own vehicle and receive low mileage reimbursement. Job threatened constantly if you don't work on certifications or finish up projects that can't be completed in a normal 8 hour day forcing you to work off the clock to keep your job. No reimbursement for training materials such as books and DVD's. , No lunch breaks for field techs even though accounting deducts 1 hour every day. You eat as you drive from one job site to another. If you complain you will be terminated and then when terminated it will be done in a fashion that reports it as a voluntary termination to avoid paying unemployment. Sent out to a job sites that are several hours away toward the end of the day and then not paid for the commute back home. The job market is starting to recover, then I can just walk out. To understand the culture just watch "Office Space". Upper management does not care and middle management is too busy doing direct reporting. I have three managers I have to report to daily, a nightmare.

Understand what your people do in the field as far as job and people skills. Don't hire some consulting firm to do this for you, you are clueless to know what it takes to fix the issues the customers want fixed. It is far beyond swapping out keyboards and monitors. You cut our pay to $14.00 an hour, yet we are techs that fix and configure servers, telephone systems, routers, printers, workstations, laptops and smart phones. We configure the customers business software so they can be productive, You expect us to have dozens of technical OEM and IT certifications so you can get your warranty revenue yet you share nothing. It is your field people that keep the customers happy, yet management was so spineless when they cut our pay last July. We all called into a conference call to listen to a recording telling us we were too expensive and would no longer be paid based on our education, skills or certifications. You are wrecking this company that is so bloated with management. If I am wrong then why have you lost so many contracts. Now we don't care in the field how it turns out. No matter how hard we work to make you successful, there are no meaningful rewards. Don't send us some worthless trinkets to sit on a desk that I am never at. Go see how much good that junk buy when it comes to feeding the family. Fix the pay, you seem to be able to fix yours all the time. Wake up Dallas!!

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom