Not terrible, but many better companies out there.

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than a year

Pros

For any entry level engineer it's a great place to grind out some certifications. They pay for your first 2 attempts on any exam, meaning you can fail your first attempt at the CCNA and not be angry you're out $250 for the failure.

Get in, grind certs, get out is the best way to work at this company.

Cons

There really are quite a few. ZERO cost of living increases in pay for 4 years. (remember the recession was supposed to have ended in 2009? Not according to Compucom) The company had bonus' for management this year, but not a single dollar to normal employees. For a group of 50 they allotted $400 for our Christmas party. A seriously cheap company.

They only give you the holidays off on their schedule, not the company you contract at. So if your company takes off banking holidays, you get stuck taking PTO because they won't let you work that day.

They have the worst coverage of any heath care package I've seen. Dental has a max payout of $800 a year?!?! Better hope you never need to get so much as a single crown or more than 1/2 will come out of your pocket. Their health coverage in MN is pretty terrible too. ($315 per month for a family of 4, both adults in good health under the age of 35)

When getting hired get the opportunity to move up in writing.

For being an IT company, it sure seems like you don't understand how important employee retention is. More than 50% of my team has turned over in 2 years, almost entirely because the rates being paid are well under industry standards. All that remains after that kind of employee churn are the people who aren't qualified enough to get a job elsewhere.

Other Reviews for CompuCom

Local People Great, Company Has NEVER Heard Of Cost Of Living Increases.

Current Employee - What and Get Fired? No Thanks  in  Nowhere, OK
    Current Employee - What and Get Fired? No Thanks in Nowhere, OK

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love my local team, I love my local manager. I love the company I'm assigned as a conractor.

Cons

You would think that after the 7, 8, 9 and 10 years with a company not given a single raise you would at least think they would have the courtesy to give a cost of living increase. This company and most other companies have such an upper hand over employees now. What comes around, goes around and I sure hope they recognize when Karma comes knocking on the “screw you door”.

Learn to recognize Karma because she can be ugly at times when you treat people with no respect of their abilities to provide for their familes because the price of goods and services keep going up and not getting any help with any cost of living increases.

Not a good place to work

Current Employee - Storage Administrator  in  Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Storage Administrator in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good exposure to many technologies. Close working quarters with other groups.

Cons

Poor working conditions, lack of desks and furniture falling apart

Hire new management, spend money on employee work conditions

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!