CompuCom
www.compucom.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Not terrible, but many better companies out there.

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

ProsFor any entry level engineer it's a great place to grind out some certifications. They pay for your first 2 attempts on any exam, meaning you can fail your first attempt at the CCNA and not be angry you're out $250 for the failure.

Get in, grind certs, get out is the best way to work at this company.

ConsThere really are quite a few. ZERO cost of living increases in pay for 4 years. (remember the recession was supposed to have ended in 2009? Not according to Compucom) The company had bonus' for management this year, but not a single dollar to normal employees. For a group of 50 they allotted $400 for our Christmas party. A seriously cheap company.

They only give you the holidays off on their schedule, not the company you contract at. So if your company takes off banking holidays, you get stuck taking PTO because they won't let you work that day.

They have the worst coverage of any heath care package I've seen. Dental has a max payout of $800 a year?!?! Better hope you never need to get so much as a single crown or more than 1/2 will come out of your pocket. Their health coverage in MN is pretty terrible too. ($315 per month for a family of 4, both adults in good health under the age of 35)

When getting hired get the opportunity to move up in writing.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor being an IT company, it sure seems like you don't understand how important employee retention is. More than 50% of my team has turned over in 2 years, almost entirely because the rates being paid are well under industry standards. All that remains after that kind of employee churn are the people who aren't qualified enough to get a job elsewhere.

Has been lied to by the recruiter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: My resource manager on the compucom side was great, but a little passive, done… Cons: fishy recruiting tactics - i was lied to my face… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

CompuCom

Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than a year

Pros: CompuCom will tend to not expect much from you in terms of meeting with your handler regularly or undergoing evaluations. This was great… Cons: CompuCom tends to take a higher percentage of a position's bill rate that other vendor companies. While I preferred the… Advice to Senior Management: More transparency on bill rate ratios similar to other vendor companies. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CompuCom.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!

CompuCom – Why Work for Us?

​​ “It’s exciting to work for company that is committed to their employees and clients, encourages continual learning and success and promotes a positive and dynamic working environment.” CompuCom, the leading IT… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CompuCom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CompuCom CEO James W. Dixon. All reviews posted anonymously by CompuCom employees.