CompuCom

www.compucom.com
  www.compucom.com
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

A backward step for the IT community.

Current Employee - Systems Support Engineer in Needham, MA
Current Employee - Systems Support Engineer in Needham, MA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are none unless you are senior management.

Cons

Low wages, long days and weekends. No overtime pay, just compensation time. Constant moving of the yard stick that you are measured by.

Share the wealth.

539 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Supported me on my contract

Former Employee - STE in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - STE in Redmond, WA

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Dedicated contact that worked with me while on project.
    Local company
    Had in-house business as well as contract work.

Cons

There isn't any real Con I can think of, other than my relationship with this company was only necessary to work on the project. There was no long term connection.

It would have been nice to know there was a path beyond the current project. While working here, CompuCom was just the company that paid me while I worked on a project for the client company. I did like having a primary contact that kept in touch with my work at the client. Over-all my experience with this company was good.

The company is a dead end which is very sad to say the least.

Current Employee - IT Technician
    Current Employee - IT Technician

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO time. If your lucky enough to have good direct management, they will be very flexible. Holidays are off. Overtime is possible if the client needs project work. Online classes for certifications if one chooses to take advantage.

Cons

Many cons to report which is a very sad truth. You will strive to be the best and advance yourself only to be knocked down even if you have received good yearly reports. I have learned that the company uses "the economy is bad" approach on just about every financial decision that could benefit you as an employee. No raises in the past 4+ years, change in benefits every year which end up costing the employee more money, 401k match consistently gets smaller every year. Micro management by groups the company hires to find ways for to increase productivity.

For executive management. One way to pick up productivity instead of paying vendors to figure it out is taking a Nickels worth of free advice to the people that work hard for you. Give incentives, don't beat around the bush when it comes to increases, match more on the 401k instead of taking it away. Don't keep changing medical plans as it costs us more and more every year. Last but not least, stop using the "economy is bad approach." Everyone knows the economy is turning around. Its really not a valid excuse any longer.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom