Technical Support Analyst

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst  in  Rustburg, VA
Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Rustburg, VA

I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was fun while it lasted. I worked for them two times - both times were during nasty buy outs of companies I was working for. The first one, was when they purchased GE ITS and formed the company, the second time I was with Getronics - doing field service work.

Cons

Demanding, stress level can be somewhat high, depending on client demands. These demands change daily, sometimes things are smooth and other times you feel like you are in the fire pits of hell. This was ALL brought on by shipping bad parts, to the client locations, and having to make multiple trips to fix problems. Use brand name good parts, and guess what no issues....

Rural areas mean TONS of driving, figure this into the price of the contract and you will not loose as much money.

Other Reviews for CompuCom

An OK place to work and make OK money

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Bentonville, AR

I worked at CompuCom full-time

Pros

Challenges within the company for other positions are available. You are able to switch teams/positions when requested and do something else. Your tests such as A+, Security+, Network+, and any other certificates are paid for.

Cons

Politics, favoritism, lack of transparency - there's a lot of secrets held between people regarding their jobs and positions. The Bentonville branch is kind of "off the radar" from corporate, so they get away with a lot more stuff. No local HR is a definite pitfall.

More transparency and honesty. Needs HR, etc.

Do you enjoy being used and abused? Then Compucom is for you!

Former Employee - Migration/Deskside Support Technician  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Migration/Deskside Support Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Their checks don't bounce. Supervisors have a 'hands off' approach.

Cons

Was placed into an extremely hostile environment. Management did not have my back. Dang near killed myself working a migration for Cigna, putting in massive overtime and bending over backwards to make sure the outrageously large scope of work was taken care of.

Was magically let go at the end of migration, while my lazy coworker, who made more money than me and who would work 5 hour days, disappear, show up late/leave early etc, kept his job.

Previous reviewer hit the nail on the head:

"Poor management. They don't support their employees very well. You have to learn it all on your own, then they blame you if it's not done correctly.I found the area of coverage to work overwhelming. They don't have enough techs to cover all the work they have to do efficiently."

Compucom is a joke. Don't work hard for them; You won't be appreciated.

However it is that you do business now...do the opposite.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!