There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

I.T. Field Tech

Former Employee - Richarddesanti7@gmail.com  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Richarddesanti7@gmail.com in Orlando, FL

I worked at CompuCom full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay well. You get to work from home.

Cons

Poor management. They don't support their employees very well. You have to learn it all on your own, then they blame you if it's not done correctly. Found it hard to not to work extra hours and I never got paid for the hrs I did overtime. I found the area of coverage to work overwhelming. They don't have enough techs to cover all the work they have to do efficiently.

Make an onboarding online course for new employees on how to accomplish a tech's daily tasks, be it ordering parts, inputting your hours and especially expense reports. Should be a mandatory requirement BEFORE the 1st week on the job. MAke the tech coverage area smaller so as to give their client contracts the world class support they deserve.

477 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Technical Support Analyst

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst  in  Rustburg, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Rustburg, VA

I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was fun while it lasted. I worked for them two times - both times were during nasty buy outs of companies I was working for. The first one, was when they purchased GE ITS and formed the company, the second time I was with Getronics - doing field service work.

Cons

Demanding, stress level can be somewhat high, depending on client demands. These demands change daily, sometimes things are smooth and other times you feel like you are in the fire pits of hell. This was ALL brought on by shipping bad parts, to the client locations, and having to make multiple trips to fix problems. Use brand name good parts, and guess what no issues....

Rural areas mean TONS of driving, figure this into the price of the contract and you will not loose as much money.

Passionate people, tough business.

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Open door policy, quality people, customer-first attitude.

Cons

Entrenched middle management, limited investment appetite.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!