CompuCom

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

I.T. Field Tech

Former Employee - Richarddesanti7@gmail.com in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Richarddesanti7@gmail.com in Orlando, FL

I worked at CompuCom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay well. You get to work from home.

Cons

Poor management. They don't support their employees very well. You have to learn it all on your own, then they blame you if it's not done correctly. Found it hard to not to work extra hours and I never got paid for the hrs I did overtime. I found the area of coverage to work overwhelming. They don't have enough techs to cover all the work they have to do efficiently.

Make an onboarding online course for new employees on how to accomplish a tech's daily tasks, be it ordering parts, inputting your hours and especially expense reports. Should be a mandatory requirement BEFORE the 1st week on the job. MAke the tech coverage area smaller so as to give their client contracts the world class support they deserve.

538 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Technical Support Analyst

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Rustburg, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Rustburg, VA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was fun while it lasted. I worked for them two times - both times were during nasty buy outs of companies I was working for. The first one, was when they purchased GE ITS and formed the company, the second time I was with Getronics - doing field service work.

Cons

Demanding, stress level can be somewhat high, depending on client demands. These demands change daily, sometimes things are smooth and other times you feel like you are in the fire pits of hell. This was ALL brought on by shipping bad parts, to the client locations, and having to make multiple trips to fix problems. Use brand name good parts, and guess what no issues....

Rural areas mean TONS of driving, figure this into the price of the contract and you will not loose as much money.

Its a paycheck until you find something better.

Current Employee - Field Technician
    Current Employee - Field Technician

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None other that PTO time that is usable and flexable if you have a good manager. To my knowlege, this is few and far between. Luckly, I have a good one.

Cons

They are consistantly trying to cut costs which impact their employees. Just about everything with this company is a con...

CompuCom is a very reactive entity to its dedicated employees as apposed to proactive. If executive management find a way to cut costs, it will. While this is standard business practice, most do not practice this at the cost of its employees. CompuCom is not a career move. They utilize the ''economy is bad'' approach when increases are brought into question. I am a current employee who has worked on one of their larger contacts, and in 5 years I have yet to receive any type of cost of living increases. They will continue to send out surveys to employees asking ''other than wage increases, how can Compucom increase morale and productivity?'' Considering no raises have been given in years, that's pretty much common sense. Compucom has yet to have a financial loss in years. 1.5 billion in revenue in 2012, 1.1 billion in 2011 and 9.75 million in 2010. They have one of the highest ROI which equates to 60 percent, and as another article on the web has stated, Apple has an ROI of 33 percent. If you consider applying for a job, make sure you negotiate a higher starting salary than offered or walk away. You will be stuck with that salary until you quit. Not to mention they cut their investment into our 401k plan, change medical insurance providers like underware which in turn cost more out of pocket via co-pays and deductibles. Very shoddy business practices and no regard for its employees.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom