I.T. Field Tech

Former Employee - Richarddesanti7@gmail.com in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Richarddesanti7@gmail.com in Orlando, FL

I worked at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay well. You get to work from home.

Cons

Poor management. They don't support their employees very well. You have to learn it all on your own, then they blame you if it's not done correctly. Found it hard to not to work extra hours and I never got paid for the hrs I did overtime. I found the area of coverage to work overwhelming. They don't have enough techs to cover all the work they have to do efficiently.

Advice to Management

Make an onboarding online course for new employees on how to accomplish a tech's daily tasks, be it ordering parts, inputting your hours and especially expense reports. Should be a mandatory requirement BEFORE the 1st week on the job. MAke the tech coverage area smaller so as to give their client contracts the world class support they deserve.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company, good benefits, a little shy about pay increases

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very smart coworkers, competent leadership, very good benefits

Cons

Despite being told we were doing great, no pay increases for anyone due to another near miss on numbers.

2. Computer Field Service- Long Hours - 15 Sites (3 in NJ and 12 in PA) - 5-6 weeks.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician II
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician II

I worked at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I took the company up on their providing hotel accommodations. This allowed me to work longer hours, meal expenses up to $50 a day, and personal mileage at (.43) per mile. There were 15 work site and plenty of opportunity to test and install software. I networked with several IT people and some other career areas of interest during the project.

Cons

The tough part was 10-12 hours days. For the last 3 weeks, I worked (6) days. The second challenge as the project progressed was drive times from hotel to work site turned into up to 60 minutes or 45 miles. Except for 2-3 days I was up at 5:00am and did not get back to the hotel before 6pm. "Field Service" is not for everyone. The company provided support services (hotel, food, mileage, 24/7 phone support) to get the job done.

Advice to Management

In terms of "proper rest and relaxation" they should avoid doing 6 day work weeks for longer than (2) weeks. It was a challenge to do 65 hours of work the first week on the job. I am glad I had the opportunity to work with a top notch company on a short term travel intensive job.