CompuCom

www.compucom.com
  www.compucom.com
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Ok Company, but don't expect a raise

Former Employee - Desktop Support in Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Desktop Support in Herndon, VA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and you will receive it on time.

Cons

Not a chance for a raise. Bonuses are next to nothing and are more of an insult. I worked for this company for over three years and never received a raise. When I was hired, I was told that reviews were done after 1 year of service and raises would be given based on performance. After working for a year, I was then informed that reviews were done during Q4. Waiting a few more months, I finally receive my review only to hear that raises are given during Q3 and are based on the review from the previous year.

I couldn't believe this was the company's standard practice, but after talking to a few other employees, found this to be true. Nine months pass before I'm told that the company isn't doing so well. Needless to say, no raises, but the company did hire a new Senior Manager at Corporate instead.

Get your money up front with this company, because you won't get a raise, even when they are making money hand over fist.

Stop hiring more corporate managers, share that money with the people who actually work on the contracts. If you are not going to give raises, at least give cost of living, or make the bonuses better and spread them out.

539 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

compucom was a roller coaster.

Former Employee - Assistant Tech in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Tech in Rockford, IL

I worked at CompuCom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of overtime. Good travel pay. On time payment and easy work. Interesting work that was not difficult.

Cons

Dysfunctional management, poor planning direction, flipflopping from site to site. Lead techs not always up to par. Demanding goals that were not reasonable.

Clear view and plan executed throughout the compqny was lacking whe I was there.

CompuCom is a OK company to work for.

Current Employee - Tech Support Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Tech Support Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CompuCom was the only company to interview and make a job offer after finishing school.

Cons

There have been few pay raises and little appreciation for the work.

Pay more attention to the field technician.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom