There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Hiring less experienced, cheaper labor

I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Get to meet lots of people at different companies

Cons

No respect for hard workers

Keep your seasoned employees jnstead if hiring cheaper labor with no expetience

473 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

It has been a great workplace where I have used my troubleshooting skills relating anywhere from hardware to networking.

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very organized and friendly work environment.

Cons

Work hours that are available.

Its a paycheck until you find something better.

Current Employee - Field Technician
    Current Employee - Field Technician

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None other that PTO time that is usable and flexable if you have a good manager. To my knowlege, this is few and far between. Luckly, I have a good one.

Cons

They are consistantly trying to cut costs which impact their employees. Just about everything with this company is a con...

CompuCom is a very reactive entity to its dedicated employees as apposed to proactive. If executive management find a way to cut costs, it will. While this is standard business practice, most do not practice this at the cost of its employees. CompuCom is not a career move. They utilize the ''economy is bad'' approach when increases are brought into question. I am a current employee who has worked on one of their larger contacts, and in 5 years I have yet to receive any type of cost of living increases. They will continue to send out surveys to employees asking ''other than wage increases, how can Compucom increase morale and productivity?'' Considering no raises have been given in years, that's pretty much common sense. Compucom has yet to have a financial loss in years. 1.5 billion in revenue in 2012, 1.1 billion in 2011 and 9.75 million in 2010. They have one of the highest ROI which equates to 60 percent, and as another article on the web has stated, Apple has an ROI of 33 percent. If you consider applying for a job, make sure you negotiate a higher starting salary than offered or walk away. You will be stuck with that salary until you quit. Not to mention they cut their investment into our 401k plan, change medical insurance providers like underware which in turn cost more out of pocket via co-pays and deductibles. Very shoddy business practices and no regard for its employees.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!