CompuCom
www.compucom.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

The blind leading the blind.

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

Pros1. Tuition reimbursement was a nice benefit that I was able to take advantage of.

2. If you are looking to break into the workforce Compucom will most likely give you that opportunity.

Cons1. No pay increases. The only way you will see a pay increase if if you move up the chain of command. Even then, the bump in pay is far below market rate.

2. Human resources - They seem to be there only to enforce the company heavy hand. Rarely will they deal with issue as the people in HR are either overworked or covering for someone who is incompetent.

3. Management - They make it out to the field maybe once a year to show their face. Typically it is around December to say how valued we are and provide lip service. But when real issues are brought up they either ignore them or say they are currently looking into the issue. rarely do they provide a solution.

4. Recognition - Typically this falls onto the shoulders of the on-site lead to award "points" for kudos. Unfortunately the points have to be accumulated and submitted for gift cards. The value of which are so low they are perceived to be worthless. That being said, the employee rewards process they have come up with are non-functional just from a process standpoint. Perhaps that is on purpose so they don't have to reward employees.

5. Workload - Management does nothing to address the workload issue. As long as corporate is getting their money, burn-out is an accepted factor in Compucom's business model.

6. Advancement - From what I have seen at multiple locations, Compucom does not reward the technical people with advancement opportunities. Usually they give these slots to people who are versed in paper-shuffling and delegating.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterface with your employees. Do things to show they are valued. Pay employees a reasonable salary. Most employees could care less what new customer contract you landed. If we were stockholders that might matter to us.

Quit using the economy as an excuse to not pay to scale. Also quit using the excuse that you have "extended a contract" to not give deserving employees merit increases. If not all you will have is bottom feeders when the economy picks up.

Good start

Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at CompuCom full-time

Pros: Good start for new techs, promote within Cons: Executive decisions, ACE, no account balance. One account has 10… Advice to Senior Management: Work towards a greener future. Invest in employees. – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great team to work with...

Operations Administrator (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than a year

Pros: The core management knows what they don't know, and is willing to ask to… Cons: Merit increases are often three (or more!) years apart, and are… Advice to Senior Management: Keep listening and reacting to employee feedback. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CompuCom.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!

CompuCom – Why Work for Us?

​​ “It’s exciting to work for company that is committed to their employees and clients, encourages continual learning and success and promotes a positive and dynamic working environment.” CompuCom, the leading IT… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CompuCom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CompuCom CEO James W. Dixon. All reviews posted anonymously by CompuCom employees.