CompuCom

www.compucom.com
  www.compucom.com
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Great Company, Poor Branch and Team management

I have been working at CompuCom as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good respected company with great benefits and large contracts

Cons

Recruits and attracts good talent with good benefits. Promises temp to hire in 90 days. Then produces reason after reason instead of hiring. Some are hired in 6 months other over 1 year. This isn't the exception, it's been a rule at one NWA branch for 8 years I've worked around them. Each time a new person joins they go around saying 'will be hired in 90 days'. It almost makes you cry to know what is about to happen. They make promises to creditors and family only to stay on temp.
ZERO training. Take a seat and start to work. Generous PTO keeps us complacent. Meetings with managers consist of promises that NEVER come true. "A bump until..."Means a buck an hour raise followed by a string of messages to keep you in place for another year. Get the picture ? Temp to hire, and raises are promised but occur every 9 months to hire and 3 years for a raise. Most of the perm, the good ones, finally leave after 3-5 years. Then the process for that seat starts all over again, attract good talent with promises, string along for 3-5 and start again.
In the NWA branch I worked with there is one group that purports a team lead some of the team have never seen or actually know. She/he ? is said to send out emails occasionally but doesn't do anything for the team. Longer term associates know not to take a management position. These fall to technical people with the least people skills. How a company can bring in such great talent and poor team lead/supervisor/manager is amazing.

Short Term gain will equal your long term pain. The line workers now know words don't equal actions. I hope you can sleep tonight knowing how poorly you manage some branches. But I will complement you. Some of the largest customers in the country think you do a great job because of your sales people. When the internal operations are actually some of the poorest managed in the business. You resemble a salesman with an inferior product. Sell at all cost, disregard ethics and laugh all the way to the bank.

539 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Need to make changes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Relaxing atmosphere and dress is casual.
    Shifts are flexible.

Cons

Compensation not much different from one position to another, and a lot more work for only a little more money. I worked there for 7 years and there weren't a lot of other opportunities to move up in the company. While working there I felt like the harder I worked management was holding me back from moving forward.

You should compensate employees for work well done.

Expect to work weird hours if you are a contractor

Former Employee - AIX Administrative in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - AIX Administrative in Bentonville, AR

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

learned a few things from other colleagues

Cons

management has little to no technical knowledge, weird work hours (ex. 4am), no telecommuting, no notice when project ends

you need to be flexible when you are giving hours, or be honest about the hours during the interview. do not hire someone for a telecommute position then constantly badger them to move on site to work.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom