CompuCom

www.compucom.com

Great Company, Poor Branch and Team management

ProsGood respected company with great benefits and large contracts

ConsRecruits and attracts good talent with good benefits. Promises temp to hire in 90 days. Then produces reason after reason instead of hiring. Some are hired in 6 months other over 1 year. This isn't the exception, it's been a rule at one NWA branch for 8 years I've worked around them. Each time a new person joins they go around saying 'will be hired in 90 days'. It almost makes you cry to know what is about to happen. They make promises to creditors and family only to stay on temp.
ZERO training. Take a seat and start to work. Generous PTO keeps us complacent. Meetings with managers consist of promises that NEVER come true. "A bump until..."Means a buck an hour raise followed by a string of messages to keep you in place for another year. Get the picture ? Temp to hire, and raises are promised but occur every 9 months to hire and 3 years for a raise. Most of the perm, the good ones, finally leave after 3-5 years. Then the process for that seat starts all over again, attract good talent with promises, string along for 3-5 and start again.
In the NWA branch I worked with there is one group that purports a team lead some of the team have never seen or actually know. She/he ? is said to send out emails occasionally but doesn't do anything for the team. Longer term associates know not to take a management position. These fall to technical people with the least people skills. How a company can bring in such great talent and poor team lead/supervisor/manager is amazing.

Advice to Senior ManagementShort Term gain will equal your long term pain. The line workers now know words don't equal actions. I hope you can sleep tonight knowing how poorly you manage some branches. But I will complement you. Some of the largest customers in the country think you do a great job because of your sales people. When the internal operations are actually some of the poorest managed in the business. You resemble a salesman with an inferior product. Sell at all cost, disregard ethics and laugh all the way to the bank.

Service personnel are not highly valued by corporate

Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than a year

Pros: The group I work with is great, very helpful. No… Cons: Company just changed hands, large infusion of cash and we are told… Advice to Senior Management: Improve communications with the minions. Learn to value the little guy which drives the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Few complaints

Desktop Support Technician II (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than a year

Pros: They dont always micromanage your work site Cons: Unfortunately, sometimes they do micromanage Advice to Senior Management: Offer better client specific training Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CompuCom.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!