CompuCom

www.compucom.com
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Good entry position, but not long term

Current Employee - Desktop Deployment
Current Employee - Desktop Deployment

I have been working at CompuCom as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Got my foot in the door as a contractor with a good company, pay is ok and benefits are quite good. Excellent opportunity to get training and certifications paid for if you put in the time and effort.

Cons

Management is pretty non-existent, only appear when there are problems. No opportunity for raises as long as you remain in the same position, regardless of the time.

I have seen Compucom hire and fire dozens of unqualified people before finally finding a decent employee, you should work harder to keep the good ones.

557 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Great experience but very little growth opportunity.

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic experience. Learned a lot about a lot of things very quickly. The people that I work side by side with on a daily basis are great.

Cons

Raises and promotions are virtually non-existent. The management is very poor. It is very obvious that they will let our customers push them around and then we employees have to do extra work with no extra pay or promotions. I have gotten 1 small raise in the six years I have been here.

Upper management needs to do a better job of recognizing their employees with raises and promotions. It feels like a dead-end job when you get one small raise in 6 years even though you consistently get glowing reviews every year, along with empty promises of raises and promotions.

Good Ride.. but they have a lot to learn

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for them for 10 years, many changes.. some good people still there however they lost most. Mangment is out of touch in terms of what is needed to facilitate lasting client relationships internal and external. They justify poor service and claim customers expectations are out of whack instead of feeling the real pulse of their business

Cons

Managment Very Self Serving, - supply chain dictating profitability ..take too much profit out of deals to fund mgmt golf and personal expenses

Do what you have always done.. get what you have always gotten

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom