CompuCom

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

CompuCom Takes good Care of Employees

Current Employee - Consulting Technical Specialist in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Consulting Technical Specialist in Redmond, WA

I have been working at CompuCom as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and pay are generally best of market. Company has broad resources for employees. Recruiters do a good job of finding the right fit for the employee and the client both.

Cons

Service level agreements are not always well defined. Reviews are informal and there is no set rate increases.

Salaries should be re-negotiated each fiscal year for long term assignments.

539 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Not Just Sour Grapes

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Redmond, WA

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty average when it comes to the positives. Always got paid on time and professional development reimbursement plan is fair to midland ($500 per year).

Cons

No feedback from the resource manager, positive OR negative. I had to find out through a former lead years after-the-fact that a previous client manager had been angry about something I had done and was looking to have my contract terminated. Never heard a word from my vendor rep, never was given any feedback for improvement. If your contract IS terminated for a non-obvious reason, do not expect to be given a reason. None of this is very surprising once you know that the sum total of my rep's (who replaced a very competent recruiter one year into my contract) relevant professional experience had been an MBA and a two-year contract as a project manager.

The company has a non-compete clause which could put you out of contract work for six months if they cannot find a placement for you, which is ironic since they will do NOTHING for you after your contract ends except show you the door. Pay rates are very low compared to other contract agencies - they take a huge chunk of your pay and the benefits offered have become almost worthless. No empathy for employees and I felt entirely disposable, like a commodity rather than an employee.

There is absolutely no worthwhile communication after you sign on the dotted line.

Treat your agency temps fairly and with empathy, like people, not products. We are the ones doing the job while you get a chunk of our pay. Act as an advocate for your employees (contractors) instead of for your clients. Encourage the recruiters to make more effort to retain existing contractors. CompuCom takes a sizable percentage of one's hourly rate, so I would expect CompuCom to work a little harder for their money than they are.

Micro managed to death.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Commute is not too bad. Better than being unemployed.

Cons

No cost of living increases for most who have been here over 5 years.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom