There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Talented and hard-working colleagues, but compensation is not adequate

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The colleagues I work with are great people! Everyone has an excellent work ethic and goes above and beyond to make the clients happy. I have had excellent managers at CompuCom. When salaries weren't being increased (unfortunately, all too often), a couple of different managers at different times gave me bonuses at every opportunity (unfortunately, that does not happen any more). The benefits are pretty good. There's an EAP, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, etc. However, the health insurance will change next year to a plan I would not choose (because the amount employees will have to pay is a percentage of the fee charged by the doctor instead of a set dollar amount, which is what I prefer), but there will be no other option.

Cons

I have had two or three issues with CompuCom regarding small amounts of money, and while I don't appreciate being nickel and dimed when the company is making millions, if not billions, I was mainly angry about being ignored and disregarded when I tried to get information about the issues. Here's one example: You can be awarded "points" when you are nominated (recognized) by another associate. When I tried to use the points, CompuCom was in the process of changing vendors for this program, and due to a dispute between CompuCom and the previous vendor, I could not use my points for a year and a half. Every time I emailed the appropriate person about it, he said that the system wasn't ready and I just needed to wait. I only found out about the reason for the delay when my manager tried to intervene on my behalf. This year, we were required to take a biometric screening, and if you and/or your dependents don't pass three of five categories, your contribution to the health insurance will increase $40 per pay period per person who doesn't pass. One of the categories is BMI (using a calculation based on one's height and weight only), and my doctor told me that this calculation is not an accurate indicator of anything and that most places don't use it any more.(My family does not have to pay the extra amount, so I'm not opposed to this for my own sake.) There really isn't an opportunity for career advancement for me at CompuCom. I have managed to get challenging work at various clients, but it has reached the point at which I will need to go to another company for more responsibility and a higher salary.

Advice to Management

Don't be cheap with your employees. People work really hard and take pride in their work, and they should be paid accordingly. Also, when something changes or goes wrong, COMMUNICATE about it instead of stonewalling.

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

Good place to start, but....Get some experience and move on.

Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment. Close to home and will pay for cert's and education reimbursement. Great PTO package. Start in the door earning 3wks/ yr.

Cons

Forget about a raise. Contractor model means they have to bid low to get the contract. That means they can't pay anything, and wage freezes, (currently going on 3 years) and 401K matches are low if not cancelled. Will ask you to take job promotion, but no pay increase.

Advice to Management

PAY your good people or they are going to leave.

Good starting spot in the industry.

Pros

Company Car, laptop, phone, compensation for certifications earned while employed.

Cons

Poor communication from senior leaders