There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Used to be OK, went downhill in 2013

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They'll pay for you getting certifications, and most of the people working there are nice.
Decent PTO

Cons

Management at all levels seems disconnected or apathetic to what the employees are dealing with.
Upper management seems unconcerned regarding employee retention by refusing to provide merit increases, and no cost of living adjustments. Then they're surprised when people take the skills that they've learned and gone elsewhere.
New hires are paid roughly 75% of market value compared to HP, NCR, IBM, and others in the area.
Health benefits are now no longer attractive due to onerous health metric penalties.
CEO will send out emails with his peacock feathers out strutting about how much money was made, then turn around 2 weeks later and say they can't afford to pay for merit raises. There's a severe disconnect.

PAY UP! You'll continue to bleed talent as long as you're unwilling to pay competitive rates to your employees. We have bills to pay.

502 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Failure of Leadership

Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Access to training material, pays for certifications. That's it.

Cons

Salary/Compensation is low and they are not even shy about admitting it is in the bottom 30 percent. Compucom only cares about eliminating costs in every way they can(benefits, salary, perks) for a better bottom line since we are now owned by a capital management firm. Management treats employees like commodities and not people. Little to zero advancement opportunities. Clueless and spineless management. Allows company to agree to ridiculous contract terms that we have to end up supporting and when we have a hard time meeting responsibilities as defined in the contract with our customer, it comes back on us. Morale is very low and our senior people are all looking for other jobs. Management is not stepping up to the plate and improving things by doing what it takes to stop turnover and improve morale.

Pay your people, treat them people with respect and stop passing the buck on issues that create nightmares for them. Stop expecting more and more from your people that are already beaten down and overburdened.

3 people had strokes due t all fo the hours and stress and management doesn't care

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked from home while putting in 12 - 14 hours a day.

Cons

Had 3 directors in 4 years. Upper management only looks out for themselves and their buddies. My entire group was constantly lied to about raises and promotions. Benefits keep getting worse and 401K is a joke Management would dangle promises of raises to keep you there working an insane amount of hours. Incompetent people were promoted to positions they have no business being in. Clients are leaving in droves. Lots of legal issue as well.

Stop over working and under paying your people. The moral is very, very low due to management not living up to their promises or just flat out lying. Live up to the corporate values you preach.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom