There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Corporate influences disrupted the workplace.

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Network Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and good coworkers, but managers are just there to please the upper management, and nobody else.

Cons

Corporate influences disrupted the workplace. Always worried about corporate rules coming out of left field that would impact your job security. No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Let the people who do the work do it the right way.

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

1. Pretty good overall. I would work for them again.

Former Contractor - User Experience Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - User Experience Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Hiring procedure fast and smooth. Reliable paycheck. Good communication with account manager and recruiter. Health insurance coverage better than some agencies.

Cons

They would not cover my partner on the benefits without meeting several requirements that I have not had to meet at other companies. I don't know anything about the company values or leadership as a contractor.

Not Just Sour Grapes

Former Contractor - Support Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Support Analyst in Redmond, WA

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty average when it comes to the positives. Always got paid on time and professional development reimbursement plan is fair to midland ($500 per year).

Cons

No feedback from the resource manager, positive OR negative. I had to find out through a former lead years after-the-fact that a previous client manager had been angry about something I had done and was looking to have my contract terminated. Never heard a word from my vendor rep, never was given any feedback for improvement. If your contract IS terminated for a non-obvious reason, do not expect to be given a reason. None of this is very surprising once you know that the sum total of my rep's (who replaced a very competent recruiter one year into my contract) relevant professional experience had been an MBA and a two-year contract as a project manager. The company has a non-compete clause which could put you out of contract work for six months if they cannot find a placement for you, which is ironic since they will do NOTHING for you after your contract ends except show you the door. Pay rates are very low compared to other contract agencies - they take a huge chunk of your pay and the benefits offered have become almost worthless. No empathy for employees and I felt entirely disposable, like a commodity rather than an employee. There is absolutely no worthwhile communication after you sign on the dotted line.

Advice to Management

Treat your agency temps fairly and with empathy, like people, not products. We are the ones doing the job while you get a chunk of our pay. Act as an advocate for your employees (contractors) instead of for your clients. Encourage the recruiters to make more effort to retain existing contractors. CompuCom takes a sizable percentage of one's hourly rate, so I would expect CompuCom to work a little harder for their money than they are.