CompuCom

www.compucom.com
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Compucom

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Their pay checks don't bonce

Cons

low pay
bad health plan in 2015

561 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Incredibly boring

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were nice and easy to get along with...most of them at least. It's a great place for entry-level technicians to learn about the support world when starting out. Very easy mindless work. If you have a laid back manager you can spend your time studying to advance your career. I learned Python in the few months I worked there between calls.

Cons

So unbelievably boring; This was real-life office space. I saw employee desks there with 15 year employee awards and they were still support techs, level 1 no less. There is not going to be any advancement in this company if you hire on as a support tech unless you are tenacious about getting moved up. Even then it takes at least five years from what I could tell and you will not get any further than team lead, there's just no way.

None, you're doing fine and you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, there's nothing you can do differently, the company would have to change its entire method of operation, foundation, structure, etc for things to be any different.

Treats Senior Employees Well

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Solid all around. Good benefits. Smart management. Lots of entry level opportunities in IT. Helpdesk, Deskside support, Network administration.

Cons

Few opportunities to move within the company. The company 401K matching is almost non existent. They dropped almost all forms of receiving bonuses and raises. Hard to promote yourself up the ranks.

Better communication when it comes to new accounts and opportunities within the company to assist in promoting from within.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom