There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Companies should listen more to the employees who are forward facing to the clients.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

They believe that family time & play are as important as the work. Training is a topic that they discuss. In some cases they do not want to pay for the certifications. The beneifits of working for this are very good.

Cons

They are not a company that shows loyalty to their employees. They pay about 20% below market for this position at least & they have changed the scope of the position I had been hired for originally, multiple times. All the changes were adding more responsibilities & more technology to be supported. In the years I have been with the company I have seen only 3 raises of minimal amounts in double digit years of service. They do not give cost of living raises, only performance raises, however those do not seem to be fairly distributed.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good for health insurance or if you're trying to work out problems at home.

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

If you work in the field, complete hands-off attitude of management unless something goes wrong, i.e. someone has a complaint. Within reason you get to manage your own affairs.

Cons

If you work in the field, complete hands-off attitude of management unless something goes wrong, i.e. someone has a complaint. Getting help with your workload can be difficult, especially if you don't have strong bonds with your co-workers.

Advice to Management

Stop having 50+ field employees assigned to a single manager, especially when that manager has customer-facing responsibilities! The lack of professional development. promotions, and positive (rather than only negative) feedback is the direct result of overburdened managers who are forced to unofficially delegate to designates. I can't imagine that more than 20-25 direct reports is fair to either the manager or the subordinate.

2. Compucom...is it worth it to you??? More like a good place to start...then get out quick.

Former Employee - Systems Support Technician in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Systems Support Technician in Bentonville, AR

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

They believe that family time & play are as important as the work. Training is a topic that they discuss. Not really a pro, I just felt bad there was only 1 nice thing to say about them. Oh, the health benefits are decent.

Cons

They are not a company that shows loyalty to their employees. They pay about 15% below market for this position at least & they have changed the scope of the position I had been hired for originally, multiple times. All the changes were adding more responsibilities & more technology to be supported. In the years I was there I did not see 1 bonus & only a 2% raise. They do not give cost of living raises, only performance raises, but without reviews how is your performance ever reviewed? Over 3 years there &, you guessed it, not 1 review.

Advice to Management

Don't just say you care about your employees & don't tell your employees one day that there are no raises & then many times over the course of that next year post nothing but gains. Worse than that you rub it in everyone's face via email. Thanks...