CompuCom

www.compucom.com

Great Co-Workers, Poor Leadership

Former Employee - Technical Support Technician
Former Employee - Technical Support Technician

Pros

The direct management and leads tend to be very competent and will work hard to support you without micro-managing. Depending on your position, the pay can be competitive depending on the contract. When I started there, the benefits were very competitive (this has changed, unfortunately).

Cons

I was a technician that was placed on a specific contract rather than a roaming or mobile tech so many of the cons I have are related to that specific scenario. Advancement is all but impossible in many positions. If you are working on a contract and that contract is terminated, it can be very difficult for them to place you somewhere else which means you will most likely be laid off. This diminishes many of the benefits to being an employee of a company that holds a contract rather than simply a contractor. Since the economic downturn in 2008, the benefits package has been slashed time and time again until it became mostly a joke. Merit increases were suspended for most of the time I was there and I never got a raise my entire tenure. Working on a customer site, I was mostly cut off from CompuCom politics and really anybody that wasn't a direct supervisor or co-worker so I don't have a lot to say about the leadership at the company, but it was my impression that it wasn't very effective due to the steady and seemingly inevitable decline in the quality of employee benefits with really only the barest semblance of an explanation given.

Concentrate on providing consistent leadership to all of your employees, even those on the lower rungs of the organization. These employees are your most visible face to your customers and so their happiness and well-being should probably be your top priority if you are interested in maintaining positive relationships in the industry. I'm not well versed on the sales team but based on the results, I would say that you might want to think about your performance there and consider innovative ways to win new contracts while also working on retention in the face of a changing marketplace.

Other reviews for CompuCom

Working with CompuCom is great!

Current Employee - Inventory Administrator  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Inventory Administrator in Orlando, FL

Pros

I have enjoyed working with CompuCom. Although I was assigned to a short-term contract position, it afforded me the opportunity to display additional skills as well as seeing parts of the country for the first time. I look forward to continuing my relationship with this company.

Cons

The only con would be that these have been short term and a longer term position is my ultimate desire. But, I am enjoying the association.

I am available, willing and able to take on additional assignments and look forward to the opportunity to do more.

Good experience

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

Several contracts which provides good experience on a wide range of companies

Cons

Had seven managers in 5 years.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom.

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!