There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Great Co-Workers, Poor Leadership

Former Employee - Technical Support Technician
Former Employee - Technical Support Technician

I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The direct management and leads tend to be very competent and will work hard to support you without micro-managing. Depending on your position, the pay can be competitive depending on the contract. When I started there, the benefits were very competitive (this has changed, unfortunately).

Cons

I was a technician that was placed on a specific contract rather than a roaming or mobile tech so many of the cons I have are related to that specific scenario. Advancement is all but impossible in many positions. If you are working on a contract and that contract is terminated, it can be very difficult for them to place you somewhere else which means you will most likely be laid off. This diminishes many of the benefits to being an employee of a company that holds a contract rather than simply a contractor. Since the economic downturn in 2008, the benefits package has been slashed time and time again until it became mostly a joke. Merit increases were suspended for most of the time I was there and I never got a raise my entire tenure. Working on a customer site, I was mostly cut off from CompuCom politics and really anybody that wasn't a direct supervisor or co-worker so I don't have a lot to say about the leadership at the company, but it was my impression that it wasn't very effective due to the steady and seemingly inevitable decline in the quality of employee benefits with really only the barest semblance of an explanation given.

Concentrate on providing consistent leadership to all of your employees, even those on the lower rungs of the organization. These employees are your most visible face to your customers and so their happiness and well-being should probably be your top priority if you are interested in maintaining positive relationships in the industry. I'm not well versed on the sales team but based on the results, I would say that you might want to think about your performance there and consider innovative ways to win new contracts while also working on retention in the face of a changing marketplace.

477 Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom (View Most Recent)

Company has changed over the years

I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people who work for this company are great and will do anything to assist you.

Cons

Senior management is more worried about the bottom line then employees. They have taken away some of benefits over the years and have not given raises in the past 4 years. Employee moral is low.

Need to listen and do something when they get the employees surveys.

A great company to get started working in the IT Field

Former Employee - Field Services Technician Team Lead  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Field Services Technician Team Lead in Raleigh, NC

I worked at CompuCom full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Always learning new things.
    Good benefits package, Paid Time Off system, Training System
    A lot of Job freedom and good work life balance.

Cons

Can take a long time to move up in the company. It took me around 7 years to move from Field Tech to Team Lead.
    Pay scale is not always great depending on where you live.
    In most cases you do not interact with other employees as you are on the move a lot from site to site. This may also be a Pro depending on the person.

Always treat your employees well and they will work hard for you. Also sometimes you have to say no to a clients demands.

There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

Worked for CompuCom? Contribute to the Community!