Biggest Employer let down

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

I was there 9 Years so pretty stable, you can move from team to team, so you don't get to burnt out.

Cons

Where to begin. Management is a joke, non experienced people managing groups of 20+ people. They say they use I-til v3 process orientation, but fail on delivery to the customer. Lose key contracts due to inexperienced service desk. Inexperienced because all the people that gain experience leave because of the lack of opportunity or they are forced out because their 3% raise they received annually for the last 9 years put them in they top of their cruddy pay band. Did I mention that management is a joke. Personelle skills is not there. HR doesn't listen to your issues. And Sr. Upper management is so friendly as long as you make them look good. When you bring your concerns to them they black list your employment there. I was laid off and then they told all my peers I was fired. Beware of this company they get you in, never promote you and they will walk all over you

Advice to Management

Treat your tenured employees like gold.

reviews filtered by

Very Bad Experience

Former Contractor - Field Services Technician in Boston, MA
    Former Contractor - Field Services Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

NONE Management lies, no values,no respect

Cons

They promise the world and DO NOT deliver. Temp to Perm is a total LIE. Mark my words they have no intention of giving you a permanent position.

Advice to Management

Treat people like people not animals!!

Thought it was a good company, then I started working there.....

Current Employee - EX-MS- Desktop Support Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - EX-MS- Desktop Support Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to get your foot in the door, but make sure it doesn't get stuck in there, unless an apprentice / entry level pay check are all you ever dreamed of. "Working" staff are very competent and a great group of people to work with.
    Free pizza lunch once in a blue moon.

Cons

LOW wages, no merit / raise increases, no more performance bonus program, no overtime. Insurance will be next to nothing by next year. They keep adding responsibilities to employees work load, with out considering a promotion or raise. Imagine having a 20+ year career in IT, and making less than $18.00 an hour, with nope hope of a raise or promotion!! *** I could put a bow on it, but the place would still be a pile of crap!!***

Advice to Management

Management is here to watch the company bottom line, and keep costs down. This leads the to big money contracts for the company, but very poor wages for the people who get the job done. I realize investors want top dollar in return, but why does it have to be at the expense of your front line employees?