Compucom

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Opportunities for advancement and expansion of skills if you are an IT professional

Cons

Periodic reductions and in many areas, lower wages than competitors

Advice to Management

Create the 5 year plan and keep to it. Don't change directions. Offer more internal opportunities for advancement. Be more competitive with Salaries.

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

1. Overall an above average IT MSP company

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Dynamic working environment I was not a field force worker, I worked at a customer location in St. Louis so I think my experience may have been different from the field techs. The customer was Pfizer and my direct supervisor and other account managers were great. They seemed to care about the technicians and often went out of their way to accomodate us. Training was always available to those who wanted it. Decent tuition reimubursement program and average medical/dental benefits. Overall not a bad place to work

Cons

Account managers were often responsible for multiple sites and my manager was responsible for well over 50 people, so he was often hard to get ahold of. He was/is a good guy and was a good manager but I think he was just overburdened with his other day to day responsibilites. It would have been nice to have management local and onsite.

Advice to Management

Reduce direct reports to no more than 20 people and if he/she can't be onsite, then more frequent site visits should be in order. As for Jim Dixon, he was just a guy that we occasionally received email from, basically a non entity. The managerial face of the company was the managers that we came in direct contact with.

2. CompuCom Review

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

There is generally more then enough work to day between day to day and project work. Management is usually flexible with allowing overtime. Very good documentation and support structure.

Cons

They underpay many technicians for the amount and type of work that technicians perform. There aren't many opportunities to move up within the company even after attaining new certifications.

Advice to Management

Provide better career paths for technicians and encourage technicians to move towards those career goals. Compensate technicians better based on the work that we are expected to do.