Solution Director

Former Employee - Solution Director in Bethesda, MD
Former Employee - Solution Director in Bethesda, MD

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

Work environment, benefits, availability and quality of SMEs for proposal writing assigments on complex bids, and highly collegial, non-hierarchical management style and structure

Cons

Lack of marketing, over emphasis on farming current clients, too little investment in the security side of the business and no client focused innovation center

Advice to Management

Improve marketing, new business capture techniques, invest more in the security services side of the business, and create an innovation center

reviews filtered by

Its a job??? - At least that was their reasoning...

Current Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Depends on who is your manager really. Normally you can look at getting some certs/training depending on the team you are on. They do give you good PTO and it is a 40 hour week job which can help in balance of life.

Cons

In the time I have been their (over 2 years) we have been given more responsibilities and also have had our benefits reduce even though the company has shown profit even during this "recession". They have also offered less pay for new hires which have resulted in less qualified people getting hired which simply makes it harder to work. The management is not so good they fail to deliver continuously on what they say - they never follow through. In the time I have been there I have only seen 1 bonus - for what I have no idea and it was so little it didn't really matter. Also, there was maybe 1 or 2 reviews but nothing ever came from it - no raise anyways. Management is a struggle and sometimes getting days off can be tough because they don't staff enough people on some of the team to be able to take off. I find it very frustrating to gain about 50% more work and still make the same. Also training in regards to the new work has been very pathetic - we don't even know how to support these clients because we have no idea how the technology works. No and very little documentation.

Advice to Management

Develop a system that encourages employees. Don't tell them "It's a job" and that support always tops out. Notice hard work and loyalty and give encouragement/reward when appropriate. Be more positive and less negative. Make a point to make your employees first and not the task at hand. Lastly, If your not gonna give raises at least let the people train for various technologies and provide that training.... Remember the little guys because THEY make it all happen - get managers who care and fight for them...

Insensitive Company

Current Employee - Programming Specialist in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Programming Specialist in Reston, VA

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

Local Reston management is great.
    Work is interesting and Challenging.
    Able to work from home

Cons

Terrible for pay raises.
    Reston has no funds for educational growth
    Compucom Corp treads Reston like an il-legitimate child.
    Other groups battle to steal Reston work causing employees jobs.

Advice to Management

Fully integrate Reston into the Company or sell it. Consider your employees, Give them growth opportunities, try to offer them relocation opportunities before just dropping them.