Compumatics Group

Better than you'd think

Former Employee - Consultant in Vienna, VA
Former Employee - Consultant in Vienna, VA

I worked at Compumatics Group

Pros

Compumatics is a small company that has its share of challenges. The owner is an entrepreneurial guy who sometimes gets in the way of his own success. He gets angry and threatens to sue people (but never does, really). However, where the rubber hits the road, the company is actually quite good. If you show some initiative, you can be given greater responsibilities within the company, and he is very fair--more than fair--with his employee salary and benefits. Altogther, the owner may be a bit on the tough and even peculiar side, but ultimately, he gives people their own lead and rewards success. He's a solid guy, and you can count on him in a pinch. He's tough on his subcontractors and squeezes pennies, but honest and forthright in his dealing with employees and primes.

Cons

Did I mention he tends to want to threaten to sue a lot? Tolerate a few picadillos and enjoy the ride. I don't think he pays his financial officer enough, and she is a key employee who makes the company run.

I think investing in a real good BD person with a lot of successful experience in the target industry might be wise. Compumatics has what it takes, but I think could use someone who does more capture management.

1 Other Employee Reviews for Compumatics Group (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for Compumatics Group