Compushare

www.compushare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Compushare

Managed service provider for small financial institutions

Former Employee - Financial Systems Consultant
Former Employee - Financial Systems Consultant

I worked at Compushare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Every day is different, you meet a lot of great people at the clients. Most positions are remote in nature, which is a strong draw for many. You are basically the "IT guy" for multiple different organizations and the primary escalation point in the field.

Cons

They are more focused on creating vendor lock-in and increasing billable hours than doing what is necessarily the best for the client.

Focus less on short term profit and metrics and more on doing what is right for the client if you were in their shoes, the profits and relationships will naturally follow.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Compushare (View Most Recent)

Very poor

Current Employee - Team Lead in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Irving, TX

I have been working at Compushare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good team members that really try hard to do a good job. The people that I worked with were good people, putting in long hours and doing their best for the customers.

Cons

Management was the VERY large draw back to this company. You either worship Romir and his ideas or you are out. They treat the service desk like they are staffed by idiots and they pay them like that too.

Compushare Response

Jan 28, 2013Human Capital Manager

We at Compushare value all feedback, good or bad; we continually strive to improve the employee experience for all our Professionals.
    Our talented group of Service Desk Professionals are led by
    ... More

Be prepared to be over worked.

Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Compushare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The technical people at Compushare are second to none. They are friendly, technically sound and willing to help.

The ability to work from home is a nice touch BUT mind you this is a double edge sword. On one side you can log in from home to get some work done. On the other side you will be working all hours of the day and night. I have worked for close to 24 hours straight many times, weekends and put in plenty of unpaid free hours.

The technology is fairly new and cutting edge. You will gain some valuable technical skills.

Cons

The expected hours are completely ridiculous. If you are an exempt employee expect to work 60+ hours a week, every week.

Projects are given a very short unreasonable time lines that require you to work overtime/weekends to complete. These projects are assigned without consideration to the current workload of the technical person executing.

From what I have seen there is very little room to move carrier progression. I have spoken to people still in the same position for 7+ years now.

I hope you like meetings because most of your time will be in them.

Management seems to think that technology and more management will fix everything. They don't seem to understand that every new system is another system to support.

Troubleshooting time is slightly tolerated.

The place is a huge revolving door for employees. I have seen a lot of good people come and go.

Health benefits are expensive.

Stop taking on new clients until you can properly support them.
    Stop patting yourselves on the back and give credit where it's due.
    Stop running your technicians into the ground.
    Stop saying Yes to new projects until resources are freed up to give them attention they need.

Prop your teams up by giving them the tools and time to succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Compushare