Compushare

www.compushare.com

Challenging - but on the absolute cutting edge

Current Employee - Cloud Computing Engineer  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Cloud Computing Engineer in Dallas, TX

Pros

I work hard, but am well paid and very appreciated for what I do. When you get things done, the clients and other employees truly appreciate you. I work on the latest technology and cloud computing platform (specifically for the banking industry). I love what I do. I came from a company where the quality of service delivery was second to revenue, Compushare isn't like this. They really want the best for their clients, and this makes me happy with my job.

Cons

I can see how some people in the company, particularly if they're working with legacy clients (non-cloud) could get discouraged. A small percentage of field engineers get an opportunity to move into the cloud hosting space (the cream rising to the top). If you were in this position, I can easily see how the hours and stress would lead to dissatisfaction with the job. My advice to anyone in that position is to work hard, and constantly ask for a move to the cloud computing side.

My manager(s) are good, and Romir's leadership is solid. I've learned a ton and plan on staying here for a long while. The only advice I'd share is to further encourage a work-life balance (it's better now, but 70 hours a week was not uncommon for me for the first year).

Other reviews for Compushare

Managed service provider for small financial institutions

Former Employee - Financial Systems Consultant
    Former Employee - Financial Systems Consultant

Pros

Every day is different, you meet a lot of great people at the clients. Most positions are remote in nature, which is a strong draw for many. You are basically the "IT guy" for multiple different organizations and the primary escalation point in the field.

Cons

They are more focused on creating vendor lock-in and increasing billable hours than doing what is necessarily the best for the client.

Focus less on short term profit and metrics and more on doing what is right for the client if you were in their shoes, the profits and relationships will naturally follow.

Be prepared to be over worked.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

Pros

The technical people at Compushare are second to none. They are friendly, technically sound and willing to help.

The ability to work from home is a nice touch BUT mind you this is a double edge sword. On one side you can log in from home to get some work done. On the other side you will be working all hours of the day and night. I have worked for close to 24 hours straight many times, weekends and put in plenty of unpaid free hours.

The technology is fairly new and cutting edge. You will gain some valuable technical skills.

Cons

The expected hours are completely ridiculous. If you are an exempt employee expect to work 60+ hours a week, every week.

Projects are given a very short unreasonable time lines that require you to work overtime/weekends to complete. These projects are assigned without consideration to the current workload of the technical person executing.

From what I have seen there is very little room to move carrier progression. I have spoken to people still in the same position for 7+ years now.

I hope you like meetings because most of your time will be in them.

Management seems to think that technology and more management will fix everything. They don't seem to understand that every new system is another system to support.

Troubleshooting time is slightly tolerated.

The place is a huge revolving door for employees. I have seen a lot of good people come and go.

Health benefits are expensive.

Stop taking on new clients until you can properly support them.
    Stop patting yourselves on the back and give credit where it's due.
    Stop running your technicians into the ground.
    Stop saying Yes to new projects until resources are freed up to give them attention they need.

Prop your teams up by giving them the tools and time to succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Compushare.

Worked for Compushare? Contribute to the Community!