Compushare

www.compushare.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Compushare

Challenging - but on the absolute cutting edge

Current Employee - Cloud Computing Engineer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Cloud Computing Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Compushare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I work hard, but am well paid and very appreciated for what I do. When you get things done, the clients and other employees truly appreciate you. I work on the latest technology and cloud computing platform (specifically for the banking industry). I love what I do. I came from a company where the quality of service delivery was second to revenue, Compushare isn't like this. They really want the best for their clients, and this makes me happy with my job.

Cons

I can see how some people in the company, particularly if they're working with legacy clients (non-cloud) could get discouraged. A small percentage of field engineers get an opportunity to move into the cloud hosting space (the cream rising to the top). If you were in this position, I can easily see how the hours and stress would lead to dissatisfaction with the job. My advice to anyone in that position is to work hard, and constantly ask for a move to the cloud computing side.

My manager(s) are good, and Romir's leadership is solid. I've learned a ton and plan on staying here for a long while. The only advice I'd share is to further encourage a work-life balance (it's better now, but 70 hours a week was not uncommon for me for the first year).

20 Other Employee Reviews for Compushare (View Most Recent)

Managed service provider for small financial institutions

Former Employee - Financial Systems Consultant
    Former Employee - Financial Systems Consultant

I worked at Compushare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Every day is different, you meet a lot of great people at the clients. Most positions are remote in nature, which is a strong draw for many. You are basically the "IT guy" for multiple different organizations and the primary escalation point in the field.

Cons

They are more focused on creating vendor lock-in and increasing billable hours than doing what is necessarily the best for the client.

Focus less on short term profit and metrics and more on doing what is right for the client if you were in their shoes, the profits and relationships will naturally follow.

Very poor

Current Employee - Team Lead in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Irving, TX

I have been working at Compushare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good team members that really try hard to do a good job. The people that I worked with were good people, putting in long hours and doing their best for the customers.

Cons

Management was the VERY large draw back to this company. You either worship Romir and his ideas or you are out. They treat the service desk like they are staffed by idiots and they pay them like that too.

Compushare Response

Jan 28, 2013Human Capital Manager

We at Compushare value all feedback, good or bad; we continually strive to improve the employee experience for all our Professionals.
    Our talented group of Service Desk Professionals are led by