Computer Aid

www.compaid.com
  www.compaid.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Aid

Endless growth and learning opportunity

I have been working at Computer Aid

Pros

- Job Security
- Management
- Opportunity to grow in the company
- Learning: they want you to continue to learn and grow in the company. They help you move to the next step if they see you are driven
- Very little micromanaging

Cons

- Communitcation: hard to get direction or even basic protocols when you are first starting out
- This is a sink or swim company, they will give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but at some point numbers or progress is essential like any other job.

Most of the management tries to know every employee and make them a better worker and person as a whole. You work harder, and enjoy your job more when you respect your boss.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Aid (View Most Recent)

If you're self motivated, they sky is the limit

I have been working at Computer Aid

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth if you take it upon yourself. They don't have a one career plan fits all mantality. They allow people to fail if they aren't self motivated. For those who are self motivated the rewards and opportunities are limitless.

Cons

People who want a 9-5 job where they are micro-managed don't do well in this environment.

The company could have a project managment group from which to pull excellent project managers for all projects. That would keep contractors happier if they were managed well and treated as the valuable resources they are.

Entry Level Oppertunity, good for people with certifications or just out of high school

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Newark, DE

I have been working at Computer Aid

Pros

Great for Entry Level Experience
    Friendly Management
    Great hours
    Benefits are Excellent
    It has potential to become a great company
    Very easy work, not stressful (unless you are in management)

over all I like working at Computer Aid, Inc. Unfortuantely I can not live off of the current "salary" they are paying me. I am going to have to find another job eventually because I will not be able to pay my bills or ever save any money while working here.

Cons

Pay Freeze
    Work is Contracted so if the contract ends you are out of work
    Underpaid for the industry average
    Training is not offered at the it is claimed to be
    Job security is not very good in comparison to a full time non-contracted position
    Advancement is not very easy

Hire less employees to that the employees you do have can be offered a competitive salary. It would be better to have less people at a better salary then a lot of people struggling to make it. I understand the lower pay is great for the company but in the long run people are not going to work as well at a lower pay because they rationalize that they are being paid less so they do not have to put as much effort into their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Aid