Computer Aid

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Aid

Awesome

Current Employee - Sunwatch Technician I in Ocoee, FL
Current Employee - Sunwatch Technician I in Ocoee, FL

I have been working at Computer Aid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They called me out of nowhere and offered me a job. I was hurting bad and they started me off great with the hourly pay. After six months, already got a raise. Highly recommended.

Cons

No Cons that I can say at this time.

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work, and thanks for taking me in!

80 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Aid (View Most Recent)

Friendly and suportive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I worked at Computer Aid full-time

Pros

I liked everyone I interacted with while working here, I was able to learn new skills on the job. My manager was a great role model.

Cons

They try to quantify all skills and abilities, while it isn't a bad thing, sometimes it felt limiting. Long testing battery as apart of interview process to quantify abilities.

Make room for creativity.

Taking Advantage

Current Employee - Software QA Analyst in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Software QA Analyst in Newark, DE

I have been working at Computer Aid as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

- Great Co-Workers that genuinely care about the success of the client and of the company
    - Talented Employees that I have personally learned a lot from
    - Flexible on Certain Issues
    - Good Opportunities if you are looking to kick start your career in IT

Cons

- Very Clique-Oriented. Management will often criticize others for doing something, then turn around and do the exact same thing. There is a very strong "Do as I say, Not as I Do" kind of mentality, which leads to a fairly toxic environment, and does not contribute in any way to the success of their client's projects.

- It is blatantly obvious that the company does not value their employees. This company will claim that there is a "Salary Freeze", but only for people that they don't see as "Important Enough" to receive raises. Others will receive substantial raises due to subjectively-based decision making. This company has grown 10+% each year since its inception, with an Expanding Client Base of over 100 Fortune 1000 Companies and several Government Organizations. Let's say that they do actually care about the financial welfare of their employees, and that I'm wrong in this instance. If they can't afford to give their employees raises and incentive to stay, it's because they budget very ineffectively, judging from the millions of dollars that they spend each year on Training Programs that could have otherwise been introduced in a much less expensive and cost efficient manner by utilizing their existing resources at the various Service Centers. However there is no actual way for them to know that their resources can train on these subjects, because there is little or no Management to Employee involvement and even if there is, they take very little interest in their employee's skills/abilities/talents and instead see them as just another project metric/chess piece that can be moved around to fill spaces when needed. This confirms the practicality and applicability of the company's slogan of "You can't manage what you can't measure".

- Very little to no organization. A member of upper management told the employees here at the Newark, DE Service Center that he was going to take advantage of them and not give them any raises or additional incentives. Then, another member of upper management turned around and said that the company was not going to take advantage of them and that they would be receiving further compensation and incentives. This move however, had no effect, as it was pretty obvious to the employees that the second manager was lying in order to get people to stay. There was literally zero coordination between upper management representatives when it came to this issue, which in my opinion, was quite a critical problem and a crucial mistake (judging from the amount of resumes that went out of the door and the amount of heads that transferred companies after the incident).

- The company rules by Intimidation rather than taking the time to understand their employees. The CEO sent an email to the entire company on November 2nd, in which he urged employees to vote for Mitt Romney and a Republican Congress as well as warned that if Obama was Re-Elected, it could "Impact each direction of CAI, its future, and all our collective futures and jobs". This was a very poorly directed PR move, and a prime example of the intimidation factor that this company operates on. Management takes great pride in threatening jobs, intimidating employees, and taking advantage of employees without making them feel valued or needed.

Be more attentive toward the welfare and/or needs of your employees. They are the backbone of what keeps your company alive. Try to recognize talent, capture it, capitalize on it, and turn that talent into new marketable opportunities in order to expand your business. At the same time, compensate your employees for the hard work and dedication that they deliver to your clients on a daily basis...Don't just make people feel like they have an opportunity to advance in order to keep them, actually give them an opportunity to advance so that they will stay.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Aid