Great experience!

Current Intern - Quality Assurance in Newark, DE
Current Intern - Quality Assurance in Newark, DE

I have been working at Computer Aid as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They're great about working with students. They give an extremely flexible schedule. The office experience looks awesome on a resume. They always have people to ask if you don't understand something. You get to work with industry standard tools which will definitely give a leg up in the job market. I haven't come across any mean or angry people. Generally, everyone has been really nice.

Cons

Sometimes feel like you're doing busy work and being under utilized. You don't really know the people you work with except for your manager and maybe a couple acquaintances that help with job tasks. So, it's not the most social environment.

Advice to Management

Invest more in training and then give your interns really challenging work. Instead assuming interns are useless, train them and assign (and hold them accountable for) meaningful, challenging, full projects so we can see the whole picture and not just individual tasks, and do it in teams so we can learn and bounce ideas on how to solve problems off of each other. A lot of interns have some development experience and would love to gain more and help solve business problems. They would certainly do it for much cheaper than the salaried developers and offer a different outlook. Overall, you are doing a great job respecting employees and I appreciate the experience!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Stable, solid company of IT Professionals

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Computer Aid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company works hard to promote a culture of excellence and going the extra mile for the client. Great effort is expected and rewarded. Benefits are very good for the industry. Will keep good employees on the bench until the next opportunity come along instead of laying them off.

Cons

Working atmosphere and satisfaction can vary greatly depending on what project or client you are placed with. Can be difficult to get placed on a better project. Career advancement can be hard to achieve. Very little training is provided by the company. Salaries are fairly low and bonuses are infrequent.

Awesome

Current Employee - Sunwatch Technician I in Ocoee, FL
    Current Employee - Sunwatch Technician I in Ocoee, FL

I have been working at Computer Aid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They called me out of nowhere and offered me a job. I was hurting bad and they started me off great with the hourly pay. After six months, already got a raise. Highly recommended.

Cons

No Cons that I can say at this time.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work, and thanks for taking me in!