Computer Aid

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Aid

Great experience!

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Newark, DE
Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Newark, DE

I have been working at Computer Aid as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

They're great about working with students. They give an extremely flexible schedule. The office experience looks awesome on a resume. They always have people to ask if you don't understand something. You get to work with industry standard tools which will definitely give a leg up in the job market. I haven't come across any mean or angry people. Generally, everyone has been really nice.

Cons

Sometimes feel like you're doing busy work and being under utilized. You don't really know the people you work with except for your manager and maybe a couple acquaintances that help with job tasks. So, it's not the most social environment.

Invest more in training and then give your interns really challenging work. Instead assuming interns are useless, train them and assign (and hold them accountable for) meaningful, challenging, full projects so we can see the whole picture and not just individual tasks, and do it in teams so we can learn and bounce ideas on how to solve problems off of each other. A lot of interns have some development experience and would love to gain more and help solve business problems. They would certainly do it for much cheaper than the salaried developers and offer a different outlook. Overall, you are doing a great job respecting employees and I appreciate the experience!

81 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Aid (View Most Recent)

Awesome

Current Employee - Sunwatch Technician I in Ocoee, FL
    Current Employee - Sunwatch Technician I in Ocoee, FL

I have been working at Computer Aid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They called me out of nowhere and offered me a job. I was hurting bad and they started me off great with the hourly pay. After six months, already got a raise. Highly recommended.

Cons

No Cons that I can say at this time.

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work, and thanks for taking me in!

Friendly and suportive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I worked at Computer Aid full-time

Pros

I liked everyone I interacted with while working here, I was able to learn new skills on the job. My manager was a great role model.

Cons

They try to quantify all skills and abilities, while it isn't a bad thing, sometimes it felt limiting. Long testing battery as apart of interview process to quantify abilities.

Make room for creativity.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Aid