Working hard in Albany

Current Employee - Programmer  in  Albany, NY
Current Employee - Programmer in Albany, NY

I have been working at Computer Aid

Pros

Management is responsive when I have an issue or concern, although that is rare. The benefits are OK and there are additional services offered throughout the year. Aflac was recently added. Mileage rates were recently increased although that I don't use that benefit. The customer is very good to work for and even though I am not a part of their company I am treated fairly and like a part of their staff.

Cons

The Account Manager visits rarely or checks on how I am doing. Raises are almost non-existant. There isn't a clear career path

Provide a better career path for your employees that work on site for customers.

Other Reviews for Computer Aid

Huge lack of leadership and respect

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Computer Aid

Pros

Flexible work schedule and time off.

Cons

There are too many to list. Unfortunately this is hands-down one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. The salaries are awful. There are really no benefits to speak of. The management seems to do well in managing the clients but when it comes to managing employees, they are sadly lacking. Deer in headlights is a term I would use when describing how management handled even the most basic employee issues. They are very unprofessional but try to seem as though they are a very professional company. For example, they do not let the male employees have facial hair, yet management has no problem getting drunk (at company functions) in front of their direct reports. It is quite a sad little company. They recruit people to attend their "institute” which is a very basic IT curriculum, and then they force them into a two year commitment. During this two-year commitment employees are treated like dogs and if they leave they are forced to pay the company money. The company seems to target very young (fresh out of high school) people and exploits their lack of knowledge of the industry or even a professional career.

This company needs to take a very hard look at how they treat their employees. You would get a much better reponse and work ethic from your employees if you just started from the inside out. Treat your people with dignity and respect and you will get the same in return.

If you desperately need a job, go to CAI. If not, find somewhere else to work.

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Computer Aid

Pros

we work in an air conditioned office.

Cons

We are treated like six year olds. Expected to do more and more work. Judged on practices we are not familiar with and not trained on. No opportunities for advancement. openings are always filled from outside. No feedback for jobs well done.

To keep the clients happy, you need to keep your employees happy also. It's not an either one or the other thing. The focus should be on the triangle, The company, The employees, and The client.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Aid.

Worked for Computer Aid? Contribute to the Community!