Senior Developer

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Developer in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Well-seasoned professional staff. Its a job

Cons

Poor senior management Lack of porcesses No communication Poor moral

Advice to Management

To listen to what their employees are saying

Other Employee Reviews for Computer Guidance

Know one thing about CGC - If you work there long enough you WILL get fired (or laid off).

Current Employee - Business Analyst/Technical Writer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst/Technical Writer in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Pro - the other employees. CGC has approximately 96 employees, btw, the estimate of over 150 is incorrect, the President of the company will tell you this himself. The software they produce is not CAD software. It's Construction Management Software. Back to the employees. I have worked with MANY skilled employees at CGC. As a matter of fact, the employees are the best, and almost the only - quality asset. Unfortunately, I have seen so many fantastically dedicated employees pushed out the door. For absolutely no "known" reason other than that they seniority, and the junior workers make less, so this translates to the best resources being terminated.

Cons

Turnover is 79% at last report. I've worked there over 4 years, and I've had six different Managers. Now I report to the President of the company. I've not been told ONCE that I've done a quality job (although I must be doing so, I have yet to be fired or let go) but multiple times in a meeting in front of others that I was doing a very POOR job. If you dedicate yourself to this company, it is a one-way street. A quote from the President "that's what I do, I use 'em up until there is nothing left, I throw them away, and I get new ones."

Advice to Management

Show some loyalty to your people. When the Payroll person was fired after 12 years of loyal service she was told, "I'm sorry, you are just not working out". A major Manager for the company was told worked at this company for over 20 years, almost since its inception. He was taken out to a nice lunch with the other Managers and the company president. When he returned back to his desk from the lunch, he was called in and fired. He was in shock. It is a brutal and cruel environment. I'm not talking mere competition, I am talking about Management that promises the customers the impossible, and then makes Development work day, night, and weekends on a regular basis to reach this impossible goal. When it is not attained (they deliver, but there are inevitably software issues due to not having time to properly test their work, and due to a similarly burdened Quality Assurance team - everyone suffers. The President, the customers, and last but certainly not least - the Employees.

2. Move to new creative universe and dimensions, reinvent your dynamics.

Former Employee - Senior SoftwareDeveloper in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior SoftwareDeveloper in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Dynamic change and challenges with hardware and software upgrade and updates.

Cons

Limited resources and training in new areas, rebuilding old code and migrating to new platform is limited.

Advice to Management

Take the risk to hire specialist that can resolve development bottlenecks. The specialist are out there but why would they come on to this if they are on board for less than 6 months, sometimes it takes a year.