I really enjoy my time at The Computer Merchant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant

Pros

I started at TCM in a low level position and through the support of senior management I was able to significantly excel in my career. TCM has trained, mentored and guided me from the beginning. I have a high level of Job satisfaction because management goes out of their way to recognize accomplishments and push us to be the best we can. I am one of the many people that I know who are here or have worked here and moved on in their professional careers who can say they enjoy waking up coming to work each day and have gained the professional, personal and financial gratification due to my personal investment in my career and the Company’s investment in helping me reach my potential.

Cons

Do not come to TCM expecting to get a hand out, this is a work hard, full speed ahead environment. Those who want to dilly dally will not be here long.

Advice to Management

Thank you for pushing me to be the best, I enjoy the challenge.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

competitive

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant

Pros

Easy commute if living south of boston. Nice facility, people are nice to work with.

Cons

Pay rate is a little low, very competitive. No much training from Sr. Recruiter

Advice to Management

Should have a designated trainor to help new recruiters excel at the position.

run with a militaristic attitude serving clients that dont exist

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I worked at Computer Merchant

Pros

the office is nice and the goings-on provide for tremendous banter amongst colleagues which harden personal relationships. some great lunch spots in the area. you can make a pretty stupid amount of money here, or could have between 1997 and 2008. everyone who did left already. the office is really impressive at first glance though. company parties are very, very drunken.

Cons

50 hours a week minimum (on salary). Hierarchy in every department determines who become the "haves" and correspondingly the "have nots." the injustice divides departments and breeds distrust. managers have to deny that such a disparity exists and their denial is painfully transparent. i'd rather die than wear a halloween costume to work ever again. Spent a lot of time recruiting for positions at companies i am quite sure had no idea who TCML was.

Advice to Management

Have the CEO retire. there are suspicions of dementia. you have 100k talent catering to the bizarre ideas of an old cranky man.