Computer Merchant

www.tcml.com
  www.tcml.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Merchant

My experience at TCM exhausting, and i did alot of hard work for very little return

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA
Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I worked at Computer Merchant

Pros

good place to learn the very basics of recruiting, meaning the disipline of making 100+ calls a day and how to qualify candidates. other than that not much--get in and leqarn and then leave--

they have a non-compete though.

Cons

long hours--micro managed--it's EXTREMEMLY political. SOME people make ALOT of money--others don't---Some people work on work on REq's that had NO CHANCE od ever closing--where other people would submit candidates and would get them hired with a short phone screen.

the people who make the most closes are the people who ASSIGN the jobs.

I would suggest that the way they treat their recruioters should be changed to allow more autonomy- also more flexibility as fara s hours go--and more equality as far as who gets to work on what accounts.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Merchant (View Most Recent)

I really enjoy my time at The Computer Merchant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant

Pros

I started at TCM in a low level position and through the support of senior management I was able to significantly excel in my career. TCM has trained, mentored and guided me from the beginning. I have a high level of Job satisfaction because management goes out of their way to recognize accomplishments and push us to be the best we can. I am one of the many people that I know who are here or have worked here and moved on in their professional careers who can say they enjoy waking up coming to work each day and have gained the professional, personal and financial gratification due to my personal investment in my career and the Company’s investment in helping me reach my potential.

Cons

Do not come to TCM expecting to get a hand out, this is a work hard, full speed ahead environment. Those who want to dilly dally will not be here long.

Thank you for pushing me to be the best, I enjoy the challenge.

competitive

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant

Pros

Easy commute if living south of boston. Nice facility, people are nice to work with.

Cons

Pay rate is a little low, very competitive. No much training from Sr. Recruiter

Should have a designated trainor to help new recruiters excel at the position.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Merchant