There are newer employer reviews for Computer Merchant

Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very big on employee appreciation, and team building. Management and co-workers are very helpful and nice to work with. You get a sense of being in a family company, because you can tell they care about not only their sucess but your personal sucess.

Cons

The only con would be the starting base salary is a little low.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Being a Technical Recruiter at TCML has been a pleasant surprise!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are not micromanaged whatsoever. There are usually a large number of reqs to work on at any given moment. Upper management is easily accessible and you do not need to make an appointment to speak with them, you simply walk into their office. All processes are completed in-house, so when you need something completed for one of your consultants, you can walk over to the staff and get it done ASAP if need be. Time will fly by when you are busy. Also, holidays are incredible here! Since it is not

Cons

One of the only things that I would say is the base pay is about average. This isn't necessarily a 'con', but it would be nice to have a bit more the first couple of months (it is the Boston area). However, as long as you do your job properly, you can give yourself a nice raise in the first couple of months anyways.

Advice to Management

Most of the software we use is pretty up-to-date (and fast), but we need something better along the lines of connecting the phone to the computer for a more efficient ways of calling and keeping track of our consultants activities. Our main system, Outlook and Excel are a bit much to track for one consultant. Consolidate the software so we can move people through the processes faster. The software isn't complicated, by the way, but only if you are good on a computer in the first place. But overall the management here is pretty awesome! The CEO is very down to earth and his executive staff is amongst the best I've ever come across! They create a good work environment and are genuine people.

Very good experience

Former Contractor - Mac Systems Engineer in Savannah, GA
    Former Contractor - Mac Systems Engineer in Savannah, GA

I worked at Computer Merchant as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They stayed out of my hair and let me do the job

Cons

They were paying me but had no involvement in the work

Advice to Management

Address complaints offered by the Techs to managers at the location where the work was performed