There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Profit is more important then employees.... for the most part

Current Employee - Director  in  Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Director in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

For the most part, the employees are very good at what they do, and proud of it. The company also has put in place many processes and procedures to help in the way we do business. Great company feel.

Cons

The company is a shell of what it used to be. I understand that there are cost cutting measures that need to be taken to competitive, but everything seems to be geared to squeezing every last penny out of the hide of the employees. Unfortunately, it still hasn't worked, and the stock is off by about 50 percent of what it used to be.

Time to spend a bit more time and money on really looking at what is important to the employees.

2698 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Changes on the way

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

CSC has begun to recognize the need to change the way manage their work force. New CEO is a team builder that we hope will focus work on standardizing services and rationalize work force rather than just nibbling at the bottom and RIF'ing every year. Current managed vacation program is prime for overhaul. Stagnation at the top has been apparent for years, but wiyth new CEO and CFO on the way, expect big changes in attitude and drive. Company has some great parts if everyone can just start rowing together.

Cons

Senior Management is made up of cast aways from IT organizations that were "sold" to CSC through large contract transitions. After many years of collecting these inefficient folks from companies like GD, Zurich, Raytheon etc., the most political creatures made their way to the top. The inbreeding this causes is very limited scope for managing tough times. Creativity is limited only to how convoluted they can make a new contract to trap new clients into years of service.

Stop believing that success is predicated on having a Sales team that can sell whatever your service center can dream up. Without the rigor of product management, you are only considering two pieces of a larger puzzle. Successful companies entering your space come armed with products. This effort also creates a centralized knowledge base where success depends far less on the account team executing the contract.

I was quickly hired, trained for my position, and permitted to remain focused on my responsibilities

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer  in  Bellevue, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Bellevue, NE

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

They hire very quickly and offer relocation benefits for many positions. The hiring process was very simple and not overwhelming nor discouraging. The contract that I am on is very stable and the team I work alongside is very devoted to being successful. Middle management is very competant and works hard to ensure employees have few unecessary distractions.

Cons

I only have one real problem but I don't think it is related to CSC in general. The contract that I am working for hired me for one role but has forced me to absorb many other responsibilities that mimic a project manager. In other words, I am a Network Systems Engineer/Project Manager, but my resume will never reflect that fact. I have voiced my concerns about this fact but nothing proactive has taken place since then to update our titles.

Coordinate with program directors to ensure employees are satisfied with their responsibilities. Update position titles to accurately reflect their contributions to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!