Computer Sciences Corp

www.csc.com
  www.csc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Profit is more important then employees.... for the most part

Current Employee - Director in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Director in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

For the most part, the employees are very good at what they do, and proud of it. The company also has put in place many processes and procedures to help in the way we do business. Great company feel.

Cons

The company is a shell of what it used to be. I understand that there are cost cutting measures that need to be taken to competitive, but everything seems to be geared to squeezing every last penny out of the hide of the employees. Unfortunately, it still hasn't worked, and the stock is off by about 50 percent of what it used to be.

Time to spend a bit more time and money on really looking at what is important to the employees.

2921 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Sciences Corp (View Most Recent)

Changes on the way

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

CSC has begun to recognize the need to change the way manage their work force. New CEO is a team builder that we hope will focus work on standardizing services and rationalize work force rather than just nibbling at the bottom and RIF'ing every year. Current managed vacation program is prime for overhaul. Stagnation at the top has been apparent for years, but wiyth new CEO and CFO on the way, expect big changes in attitude and drive. Company has some great parts if everyone can just start rowing together.

Cons

Senior Management is made up of cast aways from IT organizations that were "sold" to CSC through large contract transitions. After many years of collecting these inefficient folks from companies like GD, Zurich, Raytheon etc., the most political creatures made their way to the top. The inbreeding this causes is very limited scope for managing tough times. Creativity is limited only to how convoluted they can make a new contract to trap new clients into years of service.

Stop believing that success is predicated on having a Sales team that can sell whatever your service center can dream up. Without the rigor of product management, you are only considering two pieces of a larger puzzle. Successful companies entering your space come armed with products. This effort also creates a centralized knowledge base where success depends far less on the account team executing the contract.

Unsatisfactory place to work

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Springfield, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Comraderie among fellow coworkers was good.

Cons

Poor management.
    Promotions based on longevity, not skills.
    Chauvinistic environment.
    I felt the job took over my personal life.

Needs new management.