There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp

Demoralized and Humiliated

Former Employee - Desktop Support
Former Employee - Desktop Support

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Work with current technologies with newer equipment. Unreasonable expectations by management that has no clue what is going on at the ground floor.

Cons

management yells at you, demeans you. a slave camp for IT workers. Upper management visits are tricked in to beliveing that the operation is organized and clean. The users serviced by this group give a very low grade for professionalism and knowledge. Many techs had no previous computer experience before starting the job their parent helped them to get.

stop hiring children under direct management of their parents

reviews filtered by

Nightmare Experience

Former Employee - Lead Consultant in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Lead Consultant in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

good learning structure in place.

Cons

too many.

- HR Plays in hands of business managers.
    - HR Treats employees like goons.
    - Business managers are above and beyond any law of land.
    - They threten you, torture you, humiliate you, but there is no one to listen to you..everone is a mute spectator..
    - worst of worst, if you are on notice period, beware , get your insurance policies up to date. As managers and HR will try all their possible ways to make you BP go high and low, make your heart beat dip, a complete "gundaraj of managers and HR"

- even your facebook , twitter activities are monitored and you are screwed in all possible ways.

Beware of CSC....the most shameless, most unfriendly company of my 11 years of IT industry experience.

no point advising such shameless, incompetent, bunch of loosers.

2. Its your typical big company without the good pay

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

very open they have a internal site where everyone can share ideas and talk and even give other employees tips and tricks to certain areas of CSC.
    They do empoyee recongition quarterly.

Cons

Your just a number
    Totally $ driven both client and employee.
    the nominations are great but you need to really save the company $ to be nominated
    Transistion from a compnay aquired by CSC into CSC is horrible, no clear understanding and pay is never matched to other employees at CSC they just change your job title to match your salary but your duties stay the same.

When companies are aquired you need to look at the value of employees, they are more than just a number. Also pay should be adjusted rather than adjusting job title to match previous employeers pay. I was in a small company and I accepted the cheaper pay because you were a person everyone knew you there was a family feeling. Going into a big corp you lose that family relationship everything is $$$ and no one helps on another unless there is $$ involved. I knew that coming in however I thought the + side was my pay would be what is competitve in the market. I lose the family feeling but I atleast gain more pay and benefits...WRONG. My job title was adjusted to match what my salary was however I am still assigned the same duties I was doing in my previous job....nothing changed. My CSC job description doesnt even closely fit what I do but my pay fits to what my job description is.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Sciences Corp